Two More Down

While on the way to Dewey's trailer, we noticed that there's a lot of commotion at the Hicks' house. Police and ambulances surrounded the house. Something must've happened and I got a bad feeling about all of it.

I'm starting to get sick...

"No..." I muttered, being horrified at my worst thought possibly being true. But I hope it's not.

At the second Sam pulled up and parked her car, I immediately got out and rushed to the scene. Sam was following behind me. Much to my horror, a lifeless Judy Hicks was lying at the front of her home, blood covered her body. The police put a white sheet over her.

I couldn't believe it. Judy was dead. Got murdered. And I know who did it. It was that Ghostface fucker.

Sam and I was about to go under the yellow tape, but a black male cop had stop us.

"Kids, you can't be here." He ordered.

"No, we both know Judy and her son, Wes. Is he-" I wanted to know if Wes made it. He had to.

"I'm sorry." That's all he said.

I tried to keep myself together and not break down. It's worse when I felt the hard, emotional lump in my throat. I blinked back the tears away before they could fall. I've never really cried before, but this time, I'm about to come close to it. But with Sam and everyone else around me, I couldn't. I tried to bury my emotions and compose myself.

All I felt to replace that was anger and the need to get revenge. To avenge Wes and Judy's deaths; neither of them deserved it. Judy was a wonderful woman and mother, and Wes was a like a little brother to me. And now, I lost them both just like that.

I wanted nothing more than to hunt that Ghostface fucker down and kill him myself. I took pleasure in the vision I have of my knife piercing into his skin and seeing the blood ooze out of him, enjoying his suffering and torture. There's many more dark and twisted ways I think of to kill Ghostface.

He killed two people that means the most to me. He's not going to kill another.

"Are you okay?" Sam asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Wes...was like a brother to me..." I barely heard my voice, it sounds hollow.

"I'm sorry, Josh." She pitied, frowning.

But I didn't want her to feel sorry for me. It's not me who she should feel sorry for. That should be for Wes and Judy.

I didn't really know what to say to that. Except I just blinked tears away when I feel a couple sliding down my cheek. I turned away from Sam to quickly wipe them away so she won't see.

The second I turned around, I see a familiar person running to us. It's someone who I haven't seen in what felt like a really long time.

Gale Riley.

Well, Gale Weathers, now.

"Gale," I breathed in disbelief that I can't believe it's her.

"Josh, hi," She greeted. "Long time no see. So, you know about the sheriff?"

"Y-y-yeah..." I answered in a shaky, emotional voice, unable to talk about the mother and son.

"Shhh, it's okay. Come here," Gale said in a motherly way which was rare for her, but would do it for me at times. She wrapped me in a hug and I hugged her back. I missed her and it felt good right now to be comforted. "I know how close you were to them."

"I'm going to miss them." I said as we let each other go. I wiped my tears again with my hand.

"Now that this happened, you really should go back home," Gale advised seriously. "What are you doing here anyway?"