The Requel

Song: Heathens by twenty one pilots

🔪

"Well, come on, let's go and get this shit over with." I said and grabbed my jacket that was hanging off the chair. 

"Hold on, I'm going to call your mother about this." Dewey replied, still sitting on the couch, taking out his phone.

"What? Seriously? You're not going to tell my mother about this, Uncle Dewey," I reprimanded sternly. "This is one of the reasons why she left this cursed town," It's been cursed thanks to my 'father' and his stupid friend. "It's bad enough that you're involved. I don't want her to know."

"It's better that she should know, Josh," Dewey said. "There's something...different about this one."

"What do you mean 'different'?" I wondered.

"It's just a...weird feeling about this killer. About what it's up to. I don't expect you to understand." He shook his head.

"I do understand, Uncle Dewey," I disagreed. "More than whatever it is that you think. I've been stabbed too. This is my second round of this, and it will be the last for me, for all of us. I've had killers on both sides of my family. Sam is part of my family now just like you and Aunt Gale are, and I don't want to lose her to whoever this sick fucker is. So, yeah, I do understand. I'm most likely being targeted more than you since I'm Billy Loomis's son."

"That's what I'm the most afraid of," Dewey admitted with a heavy sigh. "Your mother still should know about this, Josh. It's for her own good to be aware and know what's going on with you being here."

"All it's going to do is make her worry for me and want me to get back home," I rolled my eyes, knowing how my overprotective mother was. "Just don't let her come back here. Tell her that I'm fine-"

"I get it, Josh," Dewey interrupted, holding up a hand for me to stop. "I can tell her that, but I don't know if I can make her not come here for you."

My eyes met his in a serious gaze.

"It's not just me she's worried about, Uncle Dewey. It's you too."

🔪

After Dewey made a call to my mother and sent a text to Gale, we started to leave for the Martin-Meeks house.

But I didn't leave the trailer without taking a knife from the drawer just in case if shit was going to go down later. Maybe not at the house, but anywhere else I'll go. Dewey complimented that was smart thinking on my part, but also gave me an extra one of his guns. I put them both in the sides of my jeans pocket. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Wes texted me later if I knew about the meeting that involved him and his friends because of Ghostface. Sam was trying to get in contact with all of Tara's friends to find out the killer's motive and if the killer could've been any of them. I texted him that I didn't know where the meeting was taken place, so he gave me the directions to his friend's house. Dewey drove us there. 

I was determined to go and find out what kind of information we can get. But from experience, the killer was almost always part of a friend group. Kirby was part of Jill's friend group who turned out to be the killer. I'm just not so ready to go into a house where there's a possible killer right inside. I just know it's not Wes.

At least, I hope it's not.

The last time, I thought it was Jill's ex-boyfriend, Trevor, who was the killer. But he wasn't. It was a plot twist where the girl next door and her geeky boyfriend was the killers. There's always a new spin on these things to raise the stakes.