Bad Call

Not willing to answer my mother on the phone especially right now, I reluctantly did anyway. In the back of my mind, I did wonder if Kirby called my mother and told her what happened. I should've told her not to. As if that would've stopped Kirby anyway. 

"Hey, Mom," I half-heartedly greeted her, not looking forward to this conversation.

"Josh, Kirby just called me and told me what's going on," I figured my girlfriend would do something like that. "Why are you risking your life like this?"

"Because going back home would be the cowardly and selfish thing to do right now, Mom. I can't let these people defend themselves on their own. Only me and Dewey know what to do in these situations. We just need to get rid of this Ghostface and all will be good again. This one will end up the same just like they always do."

"But what if will something happen to you?" She got scared for me and panicked.

"Nothing will happen to me, Mom," I rolled my eyes and heard a little annoyance laced in my voice. "We have Dewey here to protect us." I looked at the former sheriff who's sitting in the passenger seat; he's listening to Sam's phone conversation that she was having. By the look on their scared and worried faces, she was talking to the killer.

"Who is 'us'? Who's with you?" She demanded.

"Sam and Dewey."

"Kirby mentioned about Sam being your sister. Is that true?"

"Yes, Mom," I got more annoyed that we keep talking and I didn't know what was going on with Sam's conversation. "Listen, I really got to go now-"

"After whatever the three of you do, you are coming straight home, Joshua, I mean it." Mom ordered me sternly. "If you won't or anything else happens, I'm going to come right over there."

"Mom, don't," I protested. "The killer will be after you-"

"What else is new?" She scoffed. "I heard about what happened to Sheriff Hicks and her son on the news. I'm not going to let that happen to you. You will come home-"

"I'm a fucking adult now, Mom! Don't tell me what to do!" I snapped and hung up on her.

That's not going to end well for me. But I just lost it. Too much shit was happening at once with Sam most likely talking to the killer right now on the way to the hospital. It sounded like the killer was threatening to kill Tara or Richie to hurt Sam. I tried to listen, but my phone was buzzing and it's Mark calling me. Mom probably told Mark what I said, and now, I'm going to get it from him, but I just ignored it. Mark was texting me instead, and since neither of them was going to give up on me just yet, I texted him right back.

While I'm texting my parents, we finally arrived at the hospital. I put my phone into my pocket and we hurriedly got out of the car after Sam parked it in the parking lot. We rushed inside the hospital and got in the elevator while Sam kept talking to the killer on speaker.

"Why are you doing this?!" Sam cried.

"You want to know why, Sam? Maybe it's because you're a selfish bitch who can't even make a decision to save the life of someone you love," There was screams of pain coming from Tara. I didn't know what the fucker was doing to her. I wanted nothing more than to strangle and kill him myself. "Maybe you're too weak for this franchise."

"Maybe you're right," Sam pretended to act weak. "Or maybe I'm just stalling for time, fuck head." She sneered.

The elevator dinged and the doors slide open. Dewey fired shots at Ghostface, causing the killer to fall down and slumped against the wall, being passed out. Hopefully.