Is Everybody a Suspect?

Song: One Call Away by Charlie Puth

🔪

It was early in the morning.

While getting some work done and eating breakfast, I got a text from Sam much to my surprise. I didn't know what she needs me for. I opened the text and read it.

Sam: Richie and I need to talk to you and Dewey. Are the two of you home?

Me: Yeah we are. What do you need to talk about?

Sam: I know that you and Dewey are experts of having Ghostface encounters before. I need to know how to find the killer to help my sister. Can you and Dewey do that?

Me: I can. But I don't think Dewey would be that much of a help.  The guy has been through a lot and on top of a divorce. I don't think he would want to go through with this again.

Sam: I totally get that but it's just that I just really need your guys' help Josh. Please?

I sighed, knowing Dewey would never want to deal with the Ghostface crap again. But this concerned about her sister's life and other innocent lives; I couldn't put the rest of them in danger.

Me: Ok. You can come over. But don't expect a long visit.

Sam: Thank you so much Josh. We'll be there soon.

I didn't know how Dewey would feel about Sam and her boyfriend coming over for an interview. He really doesn't do any of that stuff these days and hated them. I know he wouldn't want to be a part of this anymore, but I'm hoping that he could at least help them out because he's the only former cop who had been through this before. 

While I was still working away on my laptop, Dewey came out of his bedroom with a cough and I look at him. I heard the news reporter was talking about some guy named Vince Schneider got murdered last night.

"Good morning." I greeted him while typing an email.

"Morning." He mumbled as he went to the counter to pour himself some coffee that I just made into his mug. "How can you be a morning person?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "My girlfriend always asked me the same thing."

Dewey did his usual routine in the morning. Get his coffee, toast, and sit down to turn the TV on to watch his ex-wife's talk show. While I get done doing my work for the morning, I turned off my laptop.

"So, I think we're going to have some company over soon." I said as I walked over to sit next to him on the couch.

"Oh, really? Who?" Dewey asked. "Is it Wes?"

"No," I answered then smirked. "But I think it'll be better for you to be surprised."

He looked at me suspiciously. "I don't like that look on your face, Josh."

I rolled my eyes and assured him. "You can trust me, Uncle Dewey. I wouldn't just let anyone come into your home."

Dewey gave me a look then watched TV after the commercials because then Gale Weathers came on. We were watching her together.

"Good morning, I'm Gale Weathers," Gale said and I noticed the little amused smile on his face as soon as he saw her. He was still obviously in love with the woman. "So, before we dive in, I want to tell you a little story that happened on the way to the studio this morning-"

Suddenly, someone knocked on his door.

Must be Sam.

Dewey sighed and looked at me, being annoyed.