3 Days - 3 months - 3 years

"You're up," Tina held the briefcase toward Newt.

"Has it been three days already?" Newt checked his calendar. "Huh, seems so."

He gingerly took the briefcase from Tina's grip. She blessed him with a kiss in return.

"They were very well-behaved with me this time around," Tina perched on the side of Newt's desk, crossing her legs. Newt couldn't help but stare.

"Eyes are up here, Mr Scamander." Tina teased, lifting his chin up so they could make eye contact.

"But Mrs Scamander, could you blame me?" Newt placed a soft hand on Tina's knee.

They kissed again, this one slightly more passionate. Newlyweds were like that. And these newlyweds were like Kneazles in heat a lot of the time.

"They like you more than me, I swear." Newt reluctantly pulled away to flip open his case and hold out his hand to Tina, who took it as they both made their way down.

"I quite like this system, I have to say," Newt greeted the creature that ran up to them. "You are quite genius for it."

"I already married you, Newt. Flattery will take you nowhere." Tina rolled her eyes good naturedly.

"Except our bedroom," came a murmured response that probably wasn't supposed to be heard.

Tina let out a small laugh. The Newt Scamander she was married to was quite different to the Newt Scamander she first met. Or the one she knew for years after, for that matter. But she loved those ones first. Every version of him snaked into her heart and had it in a vice-like grip. She hoped it would never let go.

Tina watched as he strolled away and fed the creatures. He was calm, confident, and happy.

Gone were the days of flustered eye-contact and stammering. Gone were the days when they couldn't bear to look at each other in fear of the other looking back. Tina remembered when it physically hurt to look at Newt, when she loved him so much she thought she was going to die. So she didn't look at him at all.

By now, she had already died. The second they kissed for the very first time, she died. And it was heaven ever since. 4 years since their first kiss, 1 year since Grindelwald fell, and 3 months since they put on matching rings. It was like climbing from one heavenly cloud to another, only ever going up.

"Jacob and Queenie are coming to town," Tina passed over his little joke. "I think Jake misses New York. I mean, anyone who was born and bred here couldn't ever truly leave. I know I'm tethered here."

"I wasn't born nor bred here and yet I couldn't live anywhere else."

"That's because I couldn't live anywhere else and you can't be without me, obviously."

"Right yes, I almost forgot that detail," Newt laughed and wiped his hands with a rag that was hanging from his pocket. "I do think this city is part of me now, I should be awarded an honorary New Yorker badge."

"Ridiculous, you're always going to be Londoner at heart."

"No, you are my heart. And you are here. So, my heart is here. Thus, I should get an award. An award for being the luckiest man alive."

"God, Newt," Tina laughed as she crossed the enclosures to meet him. "You win, just come here."

She kissed him with vigor and when she pulled away, he looked shocked. "I always forget how good you are at that."

"If you ever need a reminder, I'm here." Tina began to ascend the stairs. "Enjoy your 3 days!"

"I love you," his voice followed her up the stairs and back into Newt's study. She called down the same sentiment to him for good measure.