With Me

"Miss Goldstein." The Healer examined her tests. "Do you have any family?

"My parents are dead."

"Our data says you have a sister."

"Grindelwald..." Tina gulped.

"Oh...I'm sorry. I have some bad news for you." The Healer looked at her apologetically.

"C'mon...tell me," Tina asked.

The door flew open.

"TINA!?" Newt burst into the room.

"Newt..." Tina tried to sit up higher.

"You just left me a note!! All it said was: Newt, I don't feel well. I'm going to a wizarding hospital." Newt looked frantic. "What's wrong?"

"Miss Goldstein has a No-Maj sickness called cancer." The Healer replied.

"Cancer?" Newt gulped. He had heard of that. It was very serious....and deadly.

"Is it serious?" Tina asked.

"Yes," the Healer nodded grimly.

Newt rushed to her side.

"I'll leave you two to talk things over." The Healer left the room.

"Newt, I'm sorry. I didn't want you to worr-" Tina was cut off by Newt's lips.

He had leaned over & kissed her before she could finish her sentence.

They pulled apart, blushing.

"Newt..." Tina started.

"Cancer is serious, Tina," Newt explained. "I want you to live, so badly. But you might not."

Tina just smiled. "I've been waiting for that kiss since the docks, last year."

"I wanted to...but I only knew you for 5 days." Newt replied.

"Makes sense." Tina shrugged.

Tina stayed in the hospital for a few more days before being allowed home.

***

"Newt..." Tina called weakly from her bed.

The Englishman rushed to her immediately.

"Tina?"

She looked very sick.

Tina's skin was pale & chalky, she was wrapped up in multiple blankets, but was still shivering & sweating at the same time.

"We're getting you to the hospital." Newt said, scooping her up & apparating into the lobby of the wizarding hospital.

"Mr Scamander?" The Healer who had treated Tina noticed him.

"It's Tina." Newt looked down, worried, at the shivering woman in his arms.

The Healer got one look at Tina & immediately summoned a bed & room for her.

Newt gently lay down her weak body.

"There Tina...you will be better soon," he murmured. "I really hope so.

***

A few days passed by & Tina grew slightly stronger.

The Healer entered the room, looking upset.

"Miss Goldstein...I'm very sorry," he started. "but you only have one month left to live."

The air was knocked out of Newt. Tina. His Tina...was going to die.