a break-in.

They were all sitting around at Motors doing nothing, like they often did. Earlier they had been to the school skating but eventually gave up when the sun was too much and they started sweating bullets. 

"Ya'll know what we should do?" Fuckshit asked as he was slumped on the couch.

"What?" Olivia replied, staring at the TV in front of them.

"Take a fucking swim! I know a place! You know little Jimmy? His parent's got this dope ass house with a dope ass pool." 

"So?" Ruben replied.

"So let's go take a fucking swim!"

"Break in just to get busted?" Ray asked, confused.

"Nah! He away for the summer, they took him to fucking france or some shit! The house is fucking empty."

Fuckshit always had stupid ideas but everyone was down anyways. They couldn't let him be stupid on his own. Fourthgrade filmed them as they skated towards the house and sneaked through the bushes. As he had said, the house was empty and the family was away. 

"Come on, let's go!" Ruben said as they all got through the bushes.

The pool was big and Olivia had worked up a sweat as they made their way there

The pool was big and Olivia had worked up a sweat as they made their way there. LA summer wasn't to play with. The boys stripped quickly and Ray pushed Fuckshit in and it made a splash. Fourthgrade filmed as Ray dived in after him.

"Hurry up losers!" Ray yelled for the rest.

Olivia took off her big t-shirt and jean shorts and threw them to the side. She could feel the boy's eyes on her. Sometimes it was really obvious that she was the only girl they were friends with. 

"Come on Fourthgrade, leave the camera behind for once." She said with a wink before she cannonballed into the water. Ruben and Stevie followed close behind her. 

The boys started splashing water on each other. Olivia leaned back and let the water carry her body. She closed her eyes for a moment and let the cool water relax her. Suddenly she felt arms wrapping around her and dragging her underwater for a moment before she made it up above the surface. When she wiped her eyes she saw Fourthgrade in front of her, hair pushed back by the water. 

"Got ya!" He said with a grin on his lips.

"Oh, you're dead Ryder!"

A smile appeared on her lips as she started splashing water at him. The other boys were wrestling on the other side of the pool, Stevie on Ray's shoulders and Ruben on Fuckshits. Because when was Stevie and Ruben not trying to fight each other?

She kept on splashing, moving closer until eventually he wrapped his arms around her to make her keep still. Her back was pressed against his chest as she tried to get out of his grip. 

"You're not gonna win this Liv! I'm stronger." He was right, he was stronger but she tried one last time before she gave in and stopped struggling.

"Fine, I give up! I give up." She laughed as he loosened his grip. Olivia turned around and came face to face with him. When she was that close, she wanted to close the distance between them and kiss him. For a moment, time went on in slow motion. She leaned forward but was interrupted when she felt water splashing against her back.

"Fourthgrade, you gotta film my backflip!" Fuckshit yelled out behind them and took her out of the moment. She smiled at him and he swam away to get up and back to his camera. She sighed as she got up and sat on the edge of the pool, still with her feet in the water.

Fourthgrade filmed all the boys as they tried to show off in front of the camera. She watched him as he worked, how he smiled behind the camera. She had to get her mind straight, they were best friends and she couldn't go around thinking about wanting to kiss him. Where were those thoughts coming from?

They finished up and everyone got dressed again. Ray had a shift at motors so the rest figured that they could just stick around and keep him company.

"I fucking told ya'll it was a good ass idea!" Fuckshit said proudly, grin wide.

"I'm already sweating again..." Olivia replied and put up her hair or else it would stick to her neck. I was just one of those really sticky summer days. They all gathered around the couch and let the AC do its job. They sat around and talked shit for an hour or so before it was time for Olivia to get home.

"I need to get home..." She said with a sigh as she stood up.

"You coming by tomorrow?" Ray asked with a smile.

"Of course, what else am I going to do? Hang out with my other friends?" She said sarcastically. 

"I'll call you later." Fourthgrade said with a soft voice.

She had no idea what it would be like when she got home. It all depended on how much her parents had drunk and what mood they were in. Olivia stepped through the door and heard music playing in the livingroom and her parents dancing and yelling happily. When they saw her they yelled out.

"Olivia, honey! You're home! We're having a little party." There were some other people there as well, some new and some she had seen before.

"I can see that..." She replied disinterested, she wouldn't play along with them. They were all happy until someone said something and then... the screaming would begin.

They boo'ed as she went down the hallway and into her room. They could do whatever they wanted but she wasn't going to participate in it. She picked up her book and started reading with the background noise of her parents partying. After an hour or so she heard the phone ring but it didn't seem like her parents heard it as it kept on ringing. Then she remembered, it was probably Fourthgrade.

"Shit!" She put her book to the side and got up to answer the phone. Olivia went straight to the kitchen and answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, did you get home alright?"

"Yeah, sorry I forgot you were gonna call. My parents are having a party." She covered her other ear so she could hear him better.

"Want me to come over?" 

"No, I think it's alright. They seem fine, I'll handle it otherwise."

He always had to check in on her. Out of experience he knew that things could get physical with drunk parents and he didn't want anything to happen to her.

"Okay... It uh... was fun today." He replied awkwardly. It had been a long time since she had heard him awkward like that. They had been friends for way too long for him to be awkward while talking to her.

"Yeah it was fun. The first good idea that Fuckshit has ever had..." She replied with a chuckle.

"True..." He replied as he chuckled with her.

"Good night Fourthgrade."

"Good night Liv."