happiness.

"I have a surprise for you." Ryder said, arms wrapping tighter around her as they cuddled in bed.

"Oh yeah? What is it?" Olivia said, turning in his arms so she could look at him.

"You'll see... but we have to get out of bed."

"What? Why?"

"So nosey! Come on, it'll be worth it."

They had spent the day together. It had been a few rough days since her father had made an appearance at his house. Fourthgrade saw it and he wanted to do something to make her feel a little better. To cheer her up.

He pulled out his bike from the garage so he could give her a ride. They took off down the street, it was getting pretty late so it wasn't too hot out. She had no idea where he was taking her but they were moving towards one of her favorite places. The treehouse. They got off the bike when they reached the forest and moved towards their spot. Hand in hand, fingers intertwined.

"So the treehouse huh?"

"Yeah..."

Nothing could've prepared her for what was about to come. Fairy lights were covering the house, making it glow up in the dark. Olivia almost dropped her jaw when she saw it, arms wrapping around him.

"You did this?"

"I had a little help." He replied with a grin and she understood that the rest of the boys had helped. Ryder had been with her all day so he must've had help from them.

"Oh my god... They helped you with this?" It was fun imagining all of the boys climbing and hanging lights for them.

"After you."

Olivia climbed the ladder up to the treehouse. The lights weren't the only thing he had planned out for them. Inside there were blankets, pillows, candles lit and snacks for them. She almost felt like crying when she saw it. He always knew what she needed, without even having to ask her about it. Ryder climbed up quickly after her.

"Do you like it?" He asked shyly, not sure if his efforts were enough.

"I love it!"

She quickly pressed her lips against his, deepening the kiss. It made her forget about everything else for a moment, just enjoying having him close.

"I thought you needed something to cheer you up."

They moved underneath the blankets and got comfortable. It felt like she could finally breathe again.

"You succeeded." The smile pulled at the corners of her lips when she looked into his eyes.

"This is amazing, I can't believe you did this all for me."

"I want you to be happy. Always."

"You make me happy... I don't know what I would do without you."

Olivia truly meant that, where would she be if she didn't have him? She had never been able to rely on her parents. Ryder was her family and the one she loved. Her hand moved up to play with the necklace she had gotten from him. Even though he didn't have money to spend, he still surprised her with gifts and things to do.

"I could say the same thing you know..."

A silence between them as they just held each other for a moment.

"So, when do you leave for Ray's?"

Olivia had decided not to burden him more than she had to. Especially after her father made his appearance at his house. So when the rest of the boys found out what had been going on with her and her family they offered to help. She could stay at Rays for a few nights, then Fuckshit and then back to Ryder. It made her heart beat faster knowing how much they all cared about her. That group of boys were her family, their chosen family.

"Tomorrow afternoon, I'll go with my things after his shift."

It wasn't an easy decision to make but she thought it could be a start and then they would see what would happen. Maybe she could get herself a job eventually and get enough money to get her own place. She wasn't sure... But they would figure it out.

"Just know... that my bed always has enough room for two." He replied with a cheeky grin.

"Oh, is that so?"

Again, lips met and he pulled her closer. Olivia started placing kisses down his neck and his breathing got heavier as she did. Knowing what was coming his way...

They spent the next few hours underneath the covers together. It was the best date she had ever been on. Coziness, food and a drink. What more could a girl need?