ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ ᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ʙᴜʟʟsʜɪᴛ

☁︎

   ☞︎︎︎    With a hand under his chin, Tom Riddle admired the girl who had once stolen his heart and mind. Although he could barely see her through the gaps between the books on the shelf, it was clear that she was reading her 'nothing of interest' book.

Tom would wonder if it was always the same book or if she just changed the labels on each book she reads.

He would also stop and wonder what is wrong with her? Shouldn't a Ravenclaw be at least a little kind? But then he would see how she treats others and now he wonders what is wrong with him.

Her brows furrowed and Tom was curious as to what she had read.

Their eyes met for a few seconds, enough for the brunette to roll her eyes before she gracefully rose from her seat, her steps, just as graceful, leading her towards the exit.

Tom quickly jumped to his feet and ran after her, reaching her in a deserted corridor.

"Astrid," He began just as nervously as he had the first time he spoke to her.

And he always got the same reaction.

"Sod off, Riddle." She cut him off, not bothering to look at him.

Her footsteps grew faster and louder with each passing moment and Tom felt his heart in his throat.

Standing there in the corridor whose walls seemed to taper, suffocating him, he felt like he was falling apart again.

Another failed attempt to tell her his deep feelings that had evolved since his last confession. Another failed attempt to recite to her the poem he had written last summer. A little sad song but enough to either warm or break your heart.

Returning to his common room that evening (skipping dinner), Tom thought. Rather, he was devising a new plan to make her listen.

☼︎