ᴍᴀᴍᴀ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴋɪʟʟᴇᴅ ᴀ ᴍᴀɴ

☁︎

☞︎︎︎ "During the winter holidays," He began again after a few moments of silence.

She didn't look at him, this time she ignored him.

"I sent you a letter, not sure if it arrived,"

"Why don't you just stop talking, huh?!" Her voice, rough and moderately loud, sent daggers towards him, making him stumble over his words.

The students around them, starving for drama, turned their full attention to the snake and the raven.

Astrid tried to stop any form of attention directed at her, but it was difficult when you are a direct descendant of the founder of one of the houses at a famous British school of magic, and well... when the gold student of that same school is interested in you.

Astrid had never felt any kind of feelings for the raven haired boy, she had never liked or hated him, and she hoped he would figure that out over the years.

The emerald eyes that had mesmerized him many years before this moment, were now looking at him, the look directed at him was nothing but pure irritation and weariness. Tired of his attempts to win her heart for selfish reasons; her lineage and reputation, the purity of her blood, the wisdom she inherited, the wisdom that would lead him to direct rule over the Muggle and Wizarding worlds.

It was easy to ignore him, put him down, let him down every time he tried to outwit her with his innocent looks, smooth voice and charming words, but at some point even the most calm and reasonable person had to snap, sending others into a whirlwind of shock and disbelief.

Tom looked at her, his brows furrowed as if she had ever rejected him, his lips pursed, his expression reading nothing but painful confusion. He was used to her letting him down slowly, with soft words or just walking away, sometimes when she was in a bad mood she would curse him into oblivion, but she would never shout.

It all brought him back to when Mrs. Cole would yell at him for the smallest of mistakes he'd commit (hexing Billy Stubbs, hanging his rabbit, throwing snakes at the other children in the orphanage, etc.), but he believes this was worse, especially since it's coming from a girl who believes he is what he is not.

That was the reason Tom decided to become what she thought he was, he didn't know he'd overdo it, he didn't know he shouldn't have given up.

"I'm sorry." There was that period that decided everything, finally letting him finish the sentence. It would be the first and last time those present heard Tom Riddle (later Voldemort) apologize or back down.

Astrid felt just a little sick, but the feeling of relief outweighed everything else, even that bad feeling in her stomach.

☼︎