ᴛᴇᴀʀs ᴏғ ʙʟᴀᴅᴇ

☁︎

☞︎︎︎ As time passed, Astrid no longer heard from Tom, his voice became a distant memory that would sometimes ring in her ears. Sure, she would sometimes see him in the corridors, but his eyes never met hers, and she was grateful.

Tom on the other hand was miserable.

He knew this was the end, the last day, probably the last time he would see her. And he knew she reads his secret letters, and he knew she knew who it was from.

He promised himself, he promised to meet again, maybe in another life because this one got too complicated.

The fact that torments him and poisons his heart is that she didn't even look at him for the last time, but he knew that she felt his longing look of a lost puppy. He wanted to approach her one last time, maybe to say goodbye on good terms, but he couldn't predict her reaction.

That's why he ran away from the station with a stone in his heart and a sting in his eyes, knowing that this was the end he was afraid of, the same one for which he tried to enter her life. Tom knew what was coming.

Astrid looked around at the station crowded with witches and wizards and a few Muggle parents.

She looked for goodbye, but got nothing.

- Because you didn't give anything.

She silenced the self-destructive little voice in her head, giving up trying to outdo the mob and marching to where her entire family was waiting.

Pulled into her mother's arms, she could not think or regret.

But remorse is yet to follow.

☼︎