Chapter 5

This is just a short chapter until the real excitement, so yeah, hope you enjoy it still.

Beast Boy had carried Raven to the infirmary, and he's been there ever since.

Raven(2) felt so useless. She couldn't even heal her. Simply because her power was blocking out her own. Raven(2) knew how independent she was, but this this was just ridiculous. She should've been able to heal her.

"Don't beat yourself up, Raven." Beast Boy(2) said as he held her hands.

"How couldn't I? I feel so useless. I should be able to heal her, she's not me. Well, she's kind of is me, but not really me. I should be able to heal her. But I can't."

"Hey, it's okay. Don't worry. If she's anything like you, she'll pull through. Like always." He gently kissed her cheek and then let her rest her head on his chest as he leaned against the couch.

"Did you know that in their dimension, Raven and the other you had fallen in love with others?"

"No, who?"

"A geomancer named Terra for him. And some guy from an enchanted book named Malchior for her."

"What did she say about them?"

"Well, that they both betrayed them in a way. Terra was working for Slade and she didn't want to tell me about Malchior."

"Did he hurt her badly?"

"Well, when I had brought him up, she felt heartbroken and distraught. She ran away before she could tell me. I was planning on talking to the other Beast Boy about it, but—"

"Talk to me about what?" Beast Boy's voice sounded throughout the room.

Raven(2) and Beast Boy(2) looked back and saw a very tired and covered in blood Beast Boy.

"Please go wash off before talking." Raven whispered.

Beast Boy looked down at his hands and then slowly nodded. "I guess I should." Then he turned back to wash Raven's blood off of him.

When he came back, he was clean and wearing a new uniform that wasn't covered in blood. He sat down on the couch and asked, "What did you want to ask me about?"

"What did Malchior do to Raven?" Raven(2) replied immediately.

"Malchior? He hurt her. Broke her heart. Just like Terra did to me. But Malchior did it far quicker than Terra. He was at first just a good storybook character for her. Then he spoke to her. Took her a while to accept the fact that he was, in fact, stuck in the book. I was worried for her, so I started to snoop around her room. He was in a paper form and teaching her spells. But I especially liked it when she smiled. Even though it was towards that paper guy. Anyway, she was started to wear white and it's been week. She had learned new things and even knew how to morph me into different animals. That day, she lost control. She told me that he had been teaching her dark magic—"

"Dark magic? That's dangerous for me or her to learn. Combined with our demon heritage, it could very easily get out of control."

Beast Boy nodded, "Yeah, he had. And on that day, he told her she was ready."

"Ready for what?" Beast Boy(2) asked interested.

"Ready to change him into him real self. So she had started the spell, and then that's when she found out the Malchior wasn't the knight in shining armor. But he was the wicked dragon who was cursed by Rorek, the true powerful wizard, and was stuck in the book for a thousand years. Raven tried to stop it, but it was too late. He had already changed."

"I can't imagine being with anyone like that." Raven(2) said.

"Well, Raven and I always have our problems. With finding love, at least. And our beasts or demon, in her case."

"Tough life story, tough everything. I see the way you look at her. You like her a little, don't you?" Beast Boy(2) asked.

"I've always liked her. And I'm a little jealous of your relationship with this Raven. You two actually seem happy."

"That's because we are. You should at least try to tell her." Raven(2) said

"I don't know what I would say. She and I are similar in some ways, but by a margin are different. So it's sometimes hard to talk to her. What do you suggest?"

"Being yourself, Beast Boy." Raven(2) smiled.

"Yeah, that's how I got lucky. And that means in two ways." Beast Boy(2) winked secretly at him.

"What? You two—"

"A lot of times, my friend. She likes it rough, by the way."

Raven(2) playfully smacked him to get him to shut up.

"Okay, then. TMI. Thanks for helping me, I'm just gonna go check on Raven, now." Beast Boy said and headed towards the door.

Raven(2) got up and grabbed his shoulder to stop him, "Hey, don't worry so much. If she's like me, she'll survive. I know it."

"Thanks." Beast Boy smiled and then left.

"He's really worried about her." Beast Boy(2) noted as he wrapped his arms around Raven(2).

"Of course, he is. You would be too if that was me."

"In a way, she is. That's why I can't even bear to see her like that." Beast Boy(2) whispered.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't even realize that." Raven(2) smiled and kissed him gently.

Meanwhile, Beast Boy had just entered the infirmary to see something that made his heart drop.

Raven was gone.