Chapter 9

"So we both agree? It might be Slade who is going to fulfill Father's wishes?" Raven(2) asked Raven as they sat on the couch in the living room.

Raven looked down, but nodded, "It makes sense. We both saw him in our visions. It's the only logical explanation as well. No one other than him is twisted enough to make a deal with Trigon."

Raven(2) looked down as well, "What do we do? I can't deal with this. I don't want to."

"It's our prophecy, there's no escaping it."

"If anyone could stop it, it could be them."

"We shouldn't keep our hopes up. We know our father, he's a ruthless killer and an even bigger a$$hole. If we try to stop this, he'll make us do something bad, possibly make us kill our own friends." Raven said disagreeing with the idea and sending their friends to fight their war. This had nothing to do with them, and it should stay that way.

"So what? We're just gonna let him come here and take over Arella's beloved home? You should know how she feels about this place!" Raven(2) shouted at her.

"I do! But I don't want the Titans to die under the hands of my father! Why can't you understand that?" Raven retaliated.

Raven(2) looked at her with saddened eyes, finally realizing the danger she would put the Titans through if she did get them to fight. "I-I just thought, that if anyone could stop him, it would be them."

"I thought of that as well, but if we can't defeat our own father, there is no way the Titans can."

Raven(2) nodded, "Yeah, I get that now."

There was a knock on the door, and then it opened without invitation, "Rae, uh, other Raven, are you two okay?" Beast Boy(2) said as he saw the saddened look on both their faces.

They both avoided looking at him, but Raven(2) responded, "Yeah, we're just swell."

Beast Boy(2) raised his eyebrow in disbelief, "Hey, you can always talk to me, and I'm not just talking to you Rae, I'm also talking to you, the other Raven."

Raven(2) stood up and hugged him gratefully, "Thank you, Beast Boy, but right now is not the time. We'll talk about it someday, okay?"

Raven stared at the books lined up on the shelves, giving her counterpart and Beast Boy's counterpart the most privacy she could give while remaining in the room. It would be extremely sad to have to leave the Titans. But her birthday was coming up way too fast. In just two days, and she will be sixteen and the prophecy will be revealed.

By then, Raven would have already left the Titans, traveling on her own as she put some distance between herself and Jump City. Not that it made some difference, but at least they won't have to see how she destroys the world as they know it.

Today, at 7:00, they will be leaving to their own dimension, tomorrow will be Raven's last day as a Titan, and the day after that, she will be revealed as a traitor to humankind. And probably a week after her birthday, she will destroy the world.

The perfect agenda for a demon like herself.

Except she wasn't a full-fledged demon, she was also half-human. She was the daughter of Trigon, a demon lord that made Satan himself cringe, and of Arella, the 'angel messenger' of Azarath. She shouldn't think of herself that way, but it was a little obvious that her demon side dominated when it came to looks, but her heart was human-like. It pumped blood and kept her alive. Just like any other human, the only difference was the mixed blood that was black inside her veins, but came out red when it poured out.

"Are you okay?" Raven(2) asked as she took Raven out of her thoughts.

"Yes, why do you ask?" Raven answered immediately.