Skeptics and Concerns

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Level of Concern (Twenty One Pilots)

'Cause I told you my level of concern
But you walked by like you never heard
And you could bring down my level of concern
Just need you to tell me we're alright, tell me we're okay

🌿🔥⚡️🌊❄️☄️

I'm suffocating, was my first thought when I forced my eyes open. It felt like every time I inhaled, I was swallowing down wet concrete, leaving my chest feeling heavy. Even with my eyes now wide open, nothing but black was seen.

I tried to lift my hands to my face, to try and see if I could at least see my fingertips through the dark, but my hands never moved. I started to panic, squeezing my hands from where they were next to my sides when it suddenly felt like something was coiling around my waist tightly, squeezing and squeezing until whatever air I had was forced out of my lungs.

I tried to call out for help, for anyone to help me understand what was going on. No sound came out and the tightening only got worse. Tears pricked my eyes, realising that this could be the moment where I would die. Alone, frightened, confused, but also angry.

Why was I angry? I didn't know what was going on, or why it was happening, but I was just so pissed for no reason at all. I feel my hands curl into tight fists, nails digging into the skin of my palm as I go to shout out my frustrations.

My eyes shoot open, chest rising and falling rapidly as the feeling of being crushed inwards becomes faint. I don't get to ponder on what my dream was about when my dazed gaze meets dark blue ones directly above me, freckled cheeks growing in size as the man grins down at me.

"Hey! She's alive! I thought she was a goner there for a second. You're lucky, Kai." The boys curly hair bounce as he shakes his head, a sigh of relief blowing past his lips.

With adrenaline running through my body at the sudden shock, I was quick to take in my surroundings. The blond man who had locked us all in was standing in front of my bedroom door, and despite how he wasn't the bulkiest person in the room, there was no way I was able to take him down, so that exit was out of the option. I sweep over him and try to spot my window, but it was blocked by none other than my least favourite kidnapper, the one that made me pass out.

He was narrowing his eyes towards the freckled man holding my legs up in the air— hold on, what? I reel back and jerk my legs in his hold, skin tingling under his foreign touch. This seems to gain his attention, and when I tug again his eyes widen and he quickly lets go, his hands held up as he slowly backs away while I scramble to the back corner of my bed.