Sweet and Salty

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Teenagers (My Chemical Romance)

They're gonna rip up your heads
Your aspirations to shreds
Another cog in the murder machine

🌿🔥⚡️🌊❄️☄️

Dinner that night was unusually quiet, more on my part than anything else. My fork twisted the pasta around aimlessly until it became one with the twines, my gaze blurry as my train of thought drifted every now and then. The sound of my name being called was enough to snap me out of my daze, glazed over eyes meeting the ones of moms.

"Sorry?" I blink, my eyebrows furrowed as I go to raise my fork to my mouth, only to watch the pasta slip right off and splat against the rest of my spaghetti. Wonderful, now I had sauce on my clothes. If it stains, I swear.

"I asked if you were feeling alright." Mom frowns in my direction, her plate almost empty compared to my still full one, "You haven't eaten much, is everything okay?" My brothers glance at me from the corner of their eyes, just as confused as mom was.

Not really sure how to tell her the truth, I put on my most convincing smile and nod quickly, "Yeah, I'm fine! I'm just not feeling too well, might head for a shower if that's okay?" At her soft words of 'Of course', I take my plate to the kitchen and begin to look for a container to put the food in. No way was I going to waste moms food.

After locating a big enough container, I scrape off the plate and place the still warm food into the fridge. I could eat it tomorrow if Jasper or Toby haven't gotten to it by then. Rinsing off the plate and setting it into the dishwasher, I washed my hands and dried them. I wasn't taking my time at all, no way. Not me.

Sighing through my nose, I knew I couldn't hold off going to my room for as long as I wanted to. With my bottom lip being torn between my teeth, I scaled the stairs as slowly as I could, my feet practically dragging at this rate. When I got to the top of the stairs, my open bedroom door was the first to greet me. I made sure to leave it open when I left so I wouldn't have to get jump-scared again. If that actually happened, I'm still trying to work that out.

Switching on the light, my eyes squinted at the sudden brightness as my heart rate spiked. Giving a quick sweep of the room, I found no intruders, thankfully. I could not survive another heart attack. Grabbing some nighttime clothing as fast as I could from a cardboard box, I slipped out of the room and marched my way to the bathroom, the hair at the back of my neck prickling.

The cold tiles sting my feet as I shut the door behind me, locking it with a click as my shoulders droop. I was in a safe place, I was safe. "This is ridiculous." I mutter to myself, dropping the clothes off on the closed toilet lid as I start stripping, "Get over it, it wasn't real." My words didn't help soothe any of my worries.

The steaming water that washed over my body was welcomed, washing away any paranoia and spiralling it down the dark drain. Even when washing my hair, I kept my eyes open, not once tempting the darkness of my closed eyelids. Though, that did leave them wide open for shampoo to attack my poor eyes, which has me cursing loudly and shoving water into my eyes.