Guiding Light

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : The Worst In Me (Bad Omens)

I had you in my grip but you're starting to slip
Bring out the worst in me
And now it's come to end, I think I'm giving in
You set my demons free

🌿🔥⚡️🌊❄️☄️

It felt like Jay just told the worst joke known to man. What happens when you hear an unfunny joke? You laugh. And so, I do. I start off with a small snort, pursing my lips as his words roll over in my head, and then I start laughing. I could barely keep my eyes open I was laughing that hard.

"This is why I advised Jay not to provide any explanations." I had started to quiet down enough to hear Mr. Silent's monotone voice, though I could detect a small pinch of disappointment in his tone.

When my chuckles faded, I wiped my eyes with one last giggle, "Nice one, I've never heard that one before." After rubbing the small build-up of tears from my eyes, I slowly frowned at their silence, my hand falling to my lap. "Come on, you're kidding, right?"

"Have you not watched our show?" Kai turned to furrow his eyebrows at me, and I noticed that it was the first time he was speaking to me after our first interaction, at least, I think so.

I start twirling the end of my shirt around my index finger, something to keep me grounded while I answer him, "Sorry to burst your bubble, but not really?" I watch most of their expressions shift like they had lost hope in something. "I've only ever seen bits and pieces, but that was years ago when my brothers binged it. I can barely remember the name!"

"This is going to make things a bit more difficult." Cole sighs, his elbows placed on his knees as he tiredly rubs at his face, not taking the news well. It couldn't make that much of a difference for the situation, could it?

Getting somewhat frustrated that I was still in the dark about most things, I furrow my eyebrows and scrunch up my shirt before slapping my hands on my calves, "Listen, can you guys just spit everything out? How is this giant snake coming here? What do you mean by realm? How are you guys even...alive? Made? I don't know, I don't like not having answers that you guys must have."

I sit there with an impatient frown, eyes drifting around the circle, hoping one of them would start filling my ears with their knowledge. It was the sound of an inhale that had my eyes instantly flicking in front of me, where Green Eyes was tapping at his thigh, his own eyes momentarily closed before locking on my own.

"Honestly, at this moment we can only answer one of those questions, and it's probably not the one you want answered the most."