Flower Power

While laying on the couch, Maryam found the tv quite intresting to look at. She had seen monitors like these in the lab, it was a similar one she and One had watched documentaries on.

She was safe, no harm had been done to her, and she had been given food and clothes, but even then, she couldn't help the wavering feeling of anxiety wash over her.

They had been so kind, but, they were talking for so long. Where, they talking about calling the authorities? Maryam had been told by One, before he left, that if she ever escaped, she couldn't by any chance risk talking to any of the authoritues, even if they said they were going to help. The lab, Papa, had eyes and ears everywhere, he would find you.

Thats when the thougth struck her, Eleven was still out there, probably alone and scared, withouth any of the wisdoms One had taugth her! What if she had exposed herself, or if she was on her way too! No, she needed to find her!

The question was just where she could find her? Maryam looked around the living room, was there anything that could help her? She was aware of the powers she had, that she had proved herself capable of controlling withouth any equipment, but she was weak, drowzy, unfocused. Even if she tried, the results would make her even more tired, and then she couldn't look for her.

However, she thougth she could try something easy, nothing dramatic. Thus she took one of the pillows, a red, brownish pillow, and placed it before her.

Then she looked at her hands, pictured the see through, but like glass, still textured, strings. They went from her fingertips, traveld to the pillow, grasped it from underneath, the bottom of the pillow sucumbing to the preassure of the strings, and hooked onto it's backside. Then, like a braiding a rope, Maryam brougth each induvidual string together at her end, each fingers string to the other one, to the next one on each hand, and like a treecrown, the strings still heald the pillow like a safe hand, the pillow was secured.

Now she had only two strings left on each hand, the pointer fingers holding larger ropes, while the thumbs stood for the original sized string, and at the same time, she put her pointers and thumbs together, which created two ropes, and like magnets, they pulled towards eachother. Now it was one big rope, and like an old twisted tree, it caged the pillow gently. Maryam brougth down her hands, for the big rope was levetating. However, now her eyes was capable of controlling it, and as she raised her eyes, the pillow flung up, levetating.

Papa had explained to her that she was special, that her powers where unlike Ones and Elevens. That while Eleven for example didnt see the strings she saw, she could still levetate things, only using her mind. However she got tired when doing this for too long, while Maryams powers worked differently.

She couldn't straigth up control things like Eleven, no she had to build on her "strings" to get powerfull enough. Powerfull enough to match up with her eyes for example. To control the strings with her eyes took a thicker, more robust rope, rather than if she would summon one string from her finger, which she only could control with that finger, and was much breakable and weak.

Papa's theory of this was that each string contain energy, and that energy had to not only be enough to complete a command, like lifting a pillow, but also has to be recipent with what part of her body she was controlling it. Which migth not be able to create a big rope in the beginning either, thus why she had to twin or brand her strings together to have enough energy in that rope to be able to lift a pillow or connect with her eyes.

Although, the energy amount to lift a pillow was quite small, which she could do with only one small string from her pinky. The area she could move the strings inside of was restricted by the distance she could move her finger. In other words, the circle her pinky created when stretching as far as possible, making a ring, was where the strings could movie inside of. And since that area was much larger for her eyes, it needed more energy to be recipent with it. The energy had to match the area the controling body part could circle.

This was a big difference between Ones and Elevens powers and her own. However what was remarkable, was that Maryam, no matter for how long, or how far she pushed he strings, she didn't get tired.

The conclusion Papa had got from experimenting on both Maryam, One and Eleven, was that Elevens and Ones powers were much more instable than Maryams. They could output high amounts of energy for shorter amounts of time. While Maryams enegy output was much more stable, controllable, even, and took time to build up greater amounts of power. However, the real information Papa looked for, was what was most effective. Which power could create the largest amounts of energy in the shortest time as well as upholding it the longest?

Eleven could create large amounts of energy fast, really fast, but usualy couldn't uphold it for very long,  and got nosebleeds when trying. She also had to be provoked to truly unleash her powers, and couldn't do it on her own free will. While One could also create, or summon, this power in a blink of an eye, he could also uphold it for longer periods of time. He looked to be the winner, but got minor headaches after 5 hours, and colapsed after 2 days.

Papa had been ecstatic when it was Maryams turn. It had taken her 30 minutes to complete the task at hand, to summon enough energy, but she had to be taken away with force to stop.

Now what was the task at hand? Well it was nothing but to hold up a ton of Iron. Easypeasy rigth?