CHAPTER 7- Pancake thief

I recall the events that happened the other day as I clean my body.

I rub it extra hard to remove that dirty guard's touch.

When I woke up there was a note near my nightstand

'Meet me in the kitchen at 8'
~ E

I pretty much gathered it was Enver

But why did he want me to meet him?
It's embarrassing. I was a mess, I cried like a baby On his shirt and ruined it.

I look in the mirror and see there is no longer a red mark on my skin. It was stinging last night but it's good now.

I don't know how long I've to live here. If Enver wasn't there for me yesterday so much worse could have happened. But how long is he gonna take my side?

I invite trouble everywhere I go, how many times he's going to console me?

It's just a matter of time, I'll ruin things like I always do and will get the brutal punishment. I heard a male's scream last night.

It was like I'm in my home all again but the screams were much louder like he was being tortured by the devil himself.

I walk out of my room after getting ready. On my way, I keep my eyes down and not looking at the guards. It's best if I don't make any eye contact.

As I enter the dining hall, sweet aroma hits my nose. I Bet Beth is making something delicious. She is the sweetest lady I've met. She treats me like a child and not like a captive. She even scolds Enver and Damien for not finishing their food.

It's weird how mafia men are scolded for not eating their food.

I enter the kitchen and to my surprise, it's not beth who's making food it's Enver.

He's dressed in a white button-up shirt with a few buttons undone, sleeves folded making his veins and muscular arms on show.

He's wearing a pink coloured apron which says born cute.

Omg !!!

"What's so funny," his voice snaps me out of my staring

"Ahh.... nothing"

He nods and gestures for me to come and sit in front of him on the counter

"I'm making pancakes, hopes that ok," he says while mixing the batter with his large, muscular hands

"Hmm"

"We will be going out"

"We ?"

"You and me," he says and flips the pancake in the pan

"Oh"

Why ?? And where ??? Should I ask him? He's friends right?

"Uhm...where," I ask him in a soft tone

One thing I've gathered about mafia men by living among them is not to question them ever.

But I still ask him

"That's...... a surprise"

"Oh"

Hope it's a good one

"You must be getting bored staying in here. If you promise to behave and not try to escape we'll go outing," he places the perfectly cooked pancake on my plate.

I nod in reply

"Syrups in that counter," he gestures towards behind me

I grab the Syrup from my counter but a young man comes jumping and steals my pancake

"Heyyy"

"Wtf," Enver says looking at him

"What," the man says with a mouth full of my pancake

He swallows it and puts the plate aside before marching towards me," Hi, myself Marco but you can call me Mark. Damien's younger brother"

"Paris," I introduce myself to young Romano

He looks like Damien. Same eyes, same hair. It's just Damien's a bit taller and broader

"Care to share why are you stealing pancakes now," Enver glares at him

"Chill dude. It's so good, I'll one more," he says with a cheeky smile

"Make yourself" Enver states

"You are making her," he argues like a kid maybe Because he is. He looks young.

"C'mon," he pouts

Oh good. Are they mafia???

"Make this face in front of your brother," Enver says and places a new pancake on my plate.

"Whatever," Mark says and exits

"Where did he go?" I ask him as I take a bite of this pancake

such a weird encounter

Omg. This pancake!!!!! It's heaven

"Idk. How's the pancake?"

"It's so damn good," I say and take another bite

He gives me a smile before making another one

After a nice, sweet breakfast. Enver takes me on a drive. He drives the car himself and instructs me to not try to escape.

I'm not planning to. Not after what happened the other day.

I'll escape but not now. I need to find a safe place first.