Chapter 4

Christmas Eve left just as quickly as it came, though now the air was getting tense between the group because of Reaper and Error. The two of them barely get along with one another. They're honestly lucky to have gotten this far without having had a huge fight break out.

Fresh, pulls Deccy out of the house, deciding they need a break from the tense atmosphere in the house. So they take a walk, putting on their warm winter jackets before heading out into the night. It's already dark when they step outside, the snow gently falling from the sky.

"...Geno looked worried after he came back during the movie, what do you think happened between the two of them?" Deccy asks as they walk, worried about the older skeleton. He sees Geno as his older brother he never had.

"Mm, not sure, tho it can' be too good if he needed tis scarf." Fresh shrugs, switching places so he's walking next to the street instead of Deccy. "Reaper seemed happy 'nough tho."

"Yeah...He was practically beaming by the time he got back. I hope the two of them are doing okay."

"I'm sure day are. Dis is Geno n Reaper we're talking 'bout. Those two lovebirds can get through anythin'. You've seen 'em through da years."

"Yeah, they're like the perfect couple." Deccy smiles gently, causing Fresh to raise an eyebrow.

"Da perfect couple huh? Why ya say that?"

"Well.. I guess because of their communication. They don't keep things hidden from each other and they always talk things out. They both love each other very much and they have a deep connection that can't be replicated. They'll always be there for one another and they... They just care a lot for each other... I wish I had a relationship like that." Deccy mumbles the last sentence, not even realizing it left his brain.

"Intrestin'...If they're da perfect couple, why does Error broski still all up n hate Reaper brah?" Fresh questions, not understand why Error hates Reaper so much.

"I don't know. Error doesn't like a lot of people so..." Deccy shrugs, he has no clue why Error doesn't like Reaper. He understands why Error doesn't really like Fresh since he's so loud and bright. But with Reaper he has no clue.

"True dat." The two of them walk around the neighborhood in silence, looking at all the beautiful Christmas lights on all the houses and yards.

Deccy yawns after a bit so Fresh suggests they get home before he gets too sleepy, plus they don't want to be out past curfew. As the two make their way home they cross at a crosswalk, though it's not that well lit and it only has a small little stop sign.

Fresh is a few steps ahead of Deccy while crossing when they both suddenly hear a car's horn honking like crazy and lights suddenly coming at them.

Fresh suddenly feels himself get pushed to the ground, his glasses falling off. A loud crack was heard throughout the street, he looked behind him to see Deccy lying on the ground, not moving a bone. Deccy's hat was thrown to the side, his head having a large crack in it that's leaking magic at a rapid pace. Fresh's soul tightens and swirls at the sight of his best friend.

"Deccy!"

Fresh quickly rushes to Deccy's side, hearing the car speedily drive away. He picks up his head gently, his face is bruised and scratched, the wound on his head only seemingly getting worse.

Deccy slowly opens his eyes, giving him a tired smile. "... Fresh..don't cry.." He weakly whispers out. His hand trembles as he slowly reaches up, taking Fresh's cheekbone in his hand. He wipes the wet tears falling from Fresh's face away gently. "..t's goin' be... okay..."

Fresh feels his soul pound and swirl inside of him, new emotions emerging with each beat, things he hasn't felt before, and things he doesn't want to ever feel again. His grip tightens on Deccy, who winces at the harshness of the hold.