Chapter 6

After Deccy left, Fresh almost immediately went to his room, locking the door. Error and Geno look at each other before following him up.

They knock on his door softly, Fresh opens it slowly, question marks on his glasses. His soul tightens in an uncomfortable way when he sees them. "Uh, what's up broskis?" He questions softly, unsure of what's going on since it's never a good sign when both of his brothers want something.

"Can we talk to you for a moment?" Geno asks softly, Fresh opens the door to his brothers. The two of them come in, Geno sits on his bed while Error remains standing.

Fresh closes the door softly, turning to the two with his usual grin. "So what's up?" Geno pats the spot next to him, beckoning Fresh to sit next to him which he obliges.

"We want to know what happened last night." Error grumbles, crossing his arms. He hates talking to Fresh, but his curiosity is overriding being around the loud and colorful freak.

"Yeah..You and Deccy we're acting weird ever since last night. Did something happen between you two?" Geno says, putting his hand on his shoulder gently.

Fresh takes a moment longer than comfortable to answer. He glances at the two before taking a deep breath, pulling off his glasses. Geno gasps at the sight of his eyes, they're purple with a soft glow to them that the sunglasses were hiding.

"Fresh..When did- How did-" Geno stutters, staring at Fresh with wide eyes. "For how long?"

"Since last night. I don' really know how or why but they're glowin' for longer dan ever before." Fresh mumbles, rubbing the back of his neck gently. "I didn' wanna get anyone's hopes up or nothin'. But I've been feelin' weird tings in my soul ever since."

"Weird things? Like what?" Geno asks softly, Error raises an eyebrow.

"Jus'... My soul is poundin' at thing's 't's never has. There are..Weird 'motions whenever I'm 'round certain people. 'T's makin' my soul hurt. 'T's not a good feelin'. I t'ink it may have something' to do with Deccy's soul."

"What's wrong with Deccy's soul?" Geno asks worriedly, hoping nothing bad happened to Deccy since he knows he has soul issues.

Fresh bites his lip, his grip tightening on his pants a bit. "Well..." Fresh's soul pounds in his chest as he remembers the events of last night. "Deccy got hit by a truck las' night." Error's eyes widened at hearing Deccy got hit by a truck of all things. "I uh..There was some strong 'motions in my soul after dat. A weird magic explosion happened when uhm..." Fresh starts to tear up, his hands trembling softly. "He...funk, I don' get it. Why am I cryin'." Fresh sniffles, Geno pulls him close, hugging him gently.

"It's okay Fresh, just breath. It's going to be okay." Geno speaks softly, rubbing Fresh's back gently. He's never seen his brother like this before and it's worrying him to no end.

Fresh takes a moment to regain himself, wiping his tears away before continuing, though his voice is shaking. "I think..He took some of my soul energy..His soul was like..Glued together with purp magic n there was a protective purp coat coverin' it. He was good, great even after dat. I'm happy he's okay but... I don' know, I feel weird now every time I think of him." Fresh sighs, leaning on his brother, the hug for once actually feeling very comforting. Error stands there awkwardly, feeling uncomfortable by his brother, who never shows emotion, crying.

"I..I think you should tell mom about what happened. And I think both you and Deccy should go to a doctor to look at your soul's." Geno says softly, patting his head gently.

"I don' wanna disappoint her again though. What if dis goes away?" Fresh mumbles into his brother's shoulder.

"Just do it dumbhead. It's better to tell than to hide it. You'll feel worse if you don't tell her." Error grumbles, being helpful for once,

Fresh looks at Error surprised but smiles nonetheless. "Thanks Error bro."

"Whatever. I'm leaving." Error quickly leaves, hiding the soft plush on his face with his scarf.

"Did anything else happen last night?" Geno asks suddenly.

Fresh takes a moment to think through last night's events, his cheekbones flush a soft purple as well as his soul beating fast. "Well uhm..Yeah actually.."

Geno raises an eyebrow at his brother's reaction, he can only make guesses as to what could have happened last night. "Does it involve Decans?"

"How did you know?" Fresh looks at Geno shocked.

Geno chuckles softly, patting his younger brother's head gently. "Big brothers know all. And I see the way Decans looks at you. What happened between you two?"

"We...We kissed." Fresh mumbles, hiding his face in his hands. He never thought he would want himself to hide away from saying just a few words. Geno's eyes sparkle as a wide grin spreads across his face.

Though his grin quickly turns into a frown. "I owe Reaper $20."