Prelude

I know this fanfiction comes a bit late considering Hunger Games came out in 2012 in the Theatres. But the idea behind this was to teach myself how to write in English as I'm originally a french writer. And I've had this fanfic idea at the back of my mind for quite some time, so why not us it!

My writing style is very much poetic, so while it's written as a novel you'll find paragraphs that are more in a lyrical style. They are also often inspired of novels, films, and musics which I've quote throughout. It's meant as an hommage rather than plagiarism, but I guess you are free to take it either way! 

In terms of the fanfiction itself, I have tried to write it along the lines of the already existing story. Which means that, to the best of my knowledge, it can coexist and doesn't change any of the events written by Suzanne Collins. So if you are looking for a happy spin on a tragic story, this is the wrong place. This fanfiction is meant to give voice to underdevelopped characters who for me could have a much deeper understanding from it's readers. 

In order to achieve that I had to do two things. First, merging information from the book and the film which for me inform rather than exclude each other. Secondly, it however also meant that I've had to sporadically come up with some details missing from the film/book contents in order for the story to make sense. After all, it's a fanfiction. 

If you accept these facts, I very much thank you for your interest in my version of the 74th Hunger Games. May the odds be ever in your favor.