That's Not Scott

For the sake of this au, let's all pretend that Scott got around to building his palace in season 1. I remembered way too deep into this part that Scott didn't have a throne room and I wasn't about to backpedal and change it.

----------------------------------

Third Person's P.O.V.

A hint of a shiver ran down Jimmy's spine as he landed in Rivendell. The ever-present chill of the mountainous empire making itself known. Jimmy brushed some stray snow from the flight off of himself and made his way through the regal empire. As he passed elven citizens, the Codfather smiled lightly to himself. Their faces lacked the lines of worry and confusion beneath their usual cold and neutral expressions he'd seen when he passed through a week prior. That could only mean one thing.

Scott has returned!

As such, Jimmy walked just a bit faster as he headed towards the palace. Eager to see his lover again after Scott's second disappearance. This one wasn't as long as the first but that didn't matter. What mattered, was that the cyan haired elf vanished off the face of the earth without telling anyone. Again. He didn't even leave a horrendously rushed note like the pair had agreed upon in between feverish kisses and too many shed tears.

A soft red tinted Jimmy's cheeks at the thought of their last reunion. He had missed Scott terribly and worried for his wellbeing every single second he was gone. So much so that his seabling, Lizzie, had to spend many long nights in his empire reassuring him that Scott would be okay and ensuring that the Codfather got at least a few winks of sleep. Upon seeing his lover approaching him the day he returned, it took everything in Jimmy to not tackle Scott in a hug that was very unbecoming of both rulers. Luckily, Jimmy didn't have to exercise that control for more than a minute as Scott was the one to tackle him. The pair falling to the floor in a tight embrace and their lips connecting in a flurry of kisses. Tears were soon to follow along with now broken promises.

"Welcome Codfather," a guard greeted, bringing Jimmy back to the present. He was at the gilded gates of the palace. He was almost with Scott.

"I'm here to see your king," Jimmy said formally, as if the entire populace of both Rivendell and the Cod Empire weren't aware of the true nature of their relationship.

"Right this way, sire," the guard said, before turning on his heels and escorting him through the palace grounds.

"He's in the throne room," a servant said as soon as she spotted the pair approaching the grand palace doors.

Jimmy gave her a nod and softly smiled. She smiled back at him before scurrying away to go about completing the rest of her duties. The guard and the Codfather then continued down the semi-busy halls until they arrived at the throne room.

"I will leave you both to it," the guard said, briefly smirking knowingly before turning on his heel to head back to his post. Leaving Jimmy standing alone in front of the giant doors to the throne room. The Codfather's heart beat just a bit faster. The only thing that stood between Jimmy and his recently returned lover were two expansive spruce doors that reached the high ceilings. He was so close to laying his eyes upon Scott for the first time in nearly two weeks. All he had to do was go into the room.

The giant doors creaked as Jimmy pushed them open. His already present anticipation building as more of the throne room was exposed. Soon, the doors were open wide enough for the Codfather to step inside. A smile slowly forming on his face as he walked forward. Wonderous thoughts of what this reunion would be like filled his head.

Unfortunately, his smile was short lived and his happy thoughts were abruptly cut off. An uneasy feeling washed over Jimmy as soon as he laid his eyes upon Scott. The cyan haired elf was perched upon his throne with the typical poise he carried himself with. Yet, his position came off as slightly threatening. That was only amplified by Scott's piercing gaze. Those icy blue eyes that Jimmy loved to lose himself in seemed all too hostile. It was unsettling. Very unsettling.

"Are you going to stand there all day?"

Scott's question brought Jimmy back to the present. The Codfather lightly shook his head and continued making his way to Scott. As he crossed the room, Jimmy tried to push his uneasy feeling away. He shouldn't be feeling this way around his lover. Jimmy should be overjoyed. The man he loved with the entirety of his being was sat before him on an ornate throne. Safe and sound. And yet...

"I'm so glad you're back, petal," Jimmy said, planting a soft kiss on the back of Scott's extended hand. The elf's skin felt slightly warm against his lips. Even that was much to hot for Scott's now normal freezing temperature. Jimmy fought the urge to screw up his face.

"It's good to be back," Scott said, his smile conveying a different meaning to his words than his tone implied. That was all Jimmy needed to confirm why something had felt wrong as soon as he stepped into the throne room.

That's not Scott.

The thought repeatedly rang in Jimmy's head. The realization that someone, or something you never know with the magic tied to this world, had taken the place of the love of his life made Jimmy's heart plummet into his stomach. His uneasiness increasing tenfold. In the moment, the cod hybrid wanted nothing more than to draw his weapon and challenge the person wearing Scott's face. Order them to reveal what they'd done to the true cyan haired elf and rescue his lover. But alas, that was easier said than done as most things tend to be.

Jimmy internally willed himself to calm down and smiled as lovingly as he possibly could at the impersonator in front of him. Leaning into the touch of the elf's too warm hand that cupped his partially scaled cheek. The fake Scott caressed Jimmy's cheek before slowly bringing him in for a soft kiss. Jimmy fought against the disgust that pooled in the back of his throat and let his eyes slip shut so as to keep up the act. As such, he missed the way in which "Scott's" eyes narrowed with sinful delight. Purple briefly overtaking the blue.

The kiss was soon broken and Jimmy leaned down to touch his forehead against the fake's. As much as he hated doing something so intimate with anyone other than Scott, who knew how many of Jimmy and Scott's romantic behaviours this pretender was aware of? It was better to play it safe. At least until Jimmy could prove to the other emperors that the Scott who returned is not who they claim to be. Until then, Jimmy would bare with the gut-wrenching ick he felt beneath his scaly and slimy skin at his every interaction with "Scott." Silently praying that his true love wouldn't be beyond saving when he could finally come for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This part got a lil' bit longer than I initially intended. Oops! I think it's good that I got kinda carried away tho. This way I can make the next event in the overarching story much more detailed than shortening this section and cramming the two together would've allowed.

I'm so excited to write more of this but no promises for when the next update will be. My Christmas term exams are coming up and I still have to write a couple fics in advance so y'all don't starve while I'm off studying. Fingers crossed for a January update for this.

Have a good rest of your day/night!