Calendula And An Olive Branch

Hey everyone, sorry for the wait again. I tried to get this out before the new year but that didn't work out unfortunately. Please enjoy!

-----------------------------------

Third Person's P.O.V.

The day Scott was rescued had started out like any other. Jimmy, who was cleared from bedrest a week prior, made the trip from the Cod Empire to Rivendell. He did all of his usual checks to ensure Scott's empire was still running the best that it could in the elf's absence. That included dealing with wool exports, ensuring that the farms were on course for the winter season ahead and a whole manner of royal duties Jimmy didn't know how Scott dealt with. All the while, the worry and sadness that the Codfather was starting to get used remained a constant hum in the back of his mind.

Jimmy was in the middle of talking with the head guard when Gem, fWhip, Pearl and Sausage burst through the palace doors. The commotion they caused made the pair jump and they quickly turned their attention to the entrance. If Jimmy's heart could freeze, it would've frozen over at the sight that greeted him. There in Sausage's arms laid Scott, almost deathly still. The only indication he was even alive was the blink and you miss it rise and fall of his chest and the occasional twitch of his wings.

Oh god his wings...

Gem looked back at Scott and must've noticed something wrong as she brought the group to a stop with a tap of her staff on the floor. Magic burst forth from it and the wizard began to chant under her breath. Gem's staff glowed a faint violet and so did her eyes. The same colour faintly enveloped Scott and his breaths got a tad bit deeper. Whatever spell she was casting required a lot of focus and as such, fWhip had to basically cart her along as the palace descended into chaos.

Two guards stationed a couple floors up came running in with several of the palace healers tailing them. The healers immediately ran over to their king and started taking note of his obvious injuries. The entrance hall was quickly filled with several elvish chants and varying colours of magic. The head healer, as made obvious by her different uniform, started barking orders as the growing group was led towards the medical wing. Guards and servants hurried out of their pathway and instead rushed to other posts to help with whatever the healers would now need. With everything going on all at once, one wouldn't recognize that these were the same elves of Rivendell that prided themselves in their outward expressions neutrality and grace.

As this unfolded, Jimmy remained rooted to the spot. The head guard had long since run off to inform the council of their king's return, but the Codfather couldn't move. His eyes stayed focused on Scott's limp body even as his view was occasionally obstructed by other elves. He kept staring in the direction Scott was carried away in long after the buzz that surrounded his rescue and return had gone with him. Jimmy didn't even realize that he started crying until Pearl, who had slipped away from the rest of the Wither Rose Alliance, wiped a stray tear from his eyes. Without a word, she brought him into a hug and let him cry everything out.

Three weeks have passed since then. The healers and Gem worked relentlessly for the first week after Scott's rescue. He was hurt nearly beyond what any of them expected. Though, they couldn't really predict what condition Scott would be in. There were far too many possibilities given Xornoth's power and their still unclear intentions for capturing Scott in the first place.

Nonetheless, Scott's condition has improved since he was brought back. He was placed on a steady supply of various healing potions for his more serious ailments and its effects were finally showing. Some colour has returned to his pale face and his breathing is no longer strained. Most of his fractured and broken bones were healed. Though, Scott's wings have show little improvement. Its icy feathers were still tattered and patchy and the places where the chains had dug into were still somewhat raw. Overall, Scott was healing up pretty well but there was still one big issue.