Enter, Eren Jeager!

Eren had left Paradis on a boat. It was actually harder than it seemed on paper. He had broken out of prison, taking some of the captured Marleyans with him so they could pilot the battleship. A selected group Jaegerists accompanied him as guards and in case the Marleyans attempted a mutiny. Not that the couldn't handle them himself.

There was a knock on the door to Eren's chambers.

"Come in." He called through the door.

A soldier opened the door. As he came in, Eren gripped the knife under his pillow. Even though Floch had assured him that every soldier was loyal to him, he still felt uneasy around them.

"Sir, Marley has been spotted." The man reported. Eren shifted his position on his bed.

"I see. I'll be up there shortly." He told him. The soldier saluted and left, closing the door behind him. With the soldier gone, Eren could breath easy again. He lifted himself off of the bed and put the knife into his pocket.

As he did that, a picture fell to the floor from underneath his pillow. It was of him and his classmates from the Paradis School of Jujutsu. He had been fifteen at the time. Next to him stood his best friends, Armin Arlert and Mikasa Ackerman. Behind him was Krista, know known as Historia, and her girlfriend Ymir. In the back of the group was Connie, Jean, and Sasha, the latter of the three who was no longer alive, thanks to a Marleyan Jujutsu sorcerer.

He felt a pang in his chest as he looked at the photo. Poor Sasha. He thought to himself. She just wanted to serve her county and eat as many exotic food as possible. Connie and Jean took her death the hardest. The three of them had been as close as he had been with Mikasa and Armin.

He picked up the photo, looking at each of his classmates and friends. His eyes lingered on Armin and Mikasa.

"I'm sorry." He said to no one in particular. "I will make this right."

That's right. Eren thought to himself. The world is full of horrible people. And I am one of them.

He left his room and made his way to the deck.

A/N: Hello everyone! Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to sit down and read this. I am very grateful. This is actually my FIRST fanfiction ever. I hope you all enjoy the first chapter of "Horrible People".

Have a nice day! :)