Incarnate Part 2

It was the day before the festival. Eren sat at his usual bench. The Falco kid sat with him as well, talking about the festival with bright eyes. Poor kid. If only he knew what was in store for him tomorrow.

"I heard you finally beat the girl in something." Eren said. Over the past week, he'd grown used to Falco, and might've even developed a soft spot for him.

"Yeah, in a foot race. It's not anything special, but it's the first time she's ever lost, and the first time I've ever won, so I see it as a huge achievement." He replied, smiling.

"Well, it's good to count your wins, no matter how small, but you must always look towards your next victory. You gotta keep moving forward." Eren told him. Falco nodded, still smiling.

"Falco, I need to tell you something." Eren said. The boy looked up. "After the festival, I'm going home."

Falco liked at him, surprised. Eren continued. "I want to see my family again, and be with my friends. It's time I stop running away."

Falco nodded. "Well, I wish you good luck."

"Good luck to you too." Eren said. You're gonna need it.

Timeskip brought to you by:

It was the next day. The day of the festival. Eren sat on a bench outside of the hospital, with Zeke sitting a few feet to the side. They were trying to be discreet while planning his the night would go.

"So, Satoru Gojo is not going to be at the festival, but he'll be in the area. Aoi Todo will be there, but he's an Eldian, so you have the advantage. As long as you only consume the one Sukuna finger, if everything goes as planned, you should be able to control him. In terms of your power to Sukuna fingers, you're about ten, being generous. Consumption of any number over ten, and you wouldn't be able to control him, which in turn would be detrimental to everyone from Paradis. Are you sure they got your letter?" Zeke asked, running through the information.

"Absolutely. I saw it myself." Eren confirmed.

"You saw it yourself, hmm? Did you go to make sure, or did you go to see someone?" Zeke mused, casting Eren a sidelong glance. Eren looked over at his half-brother.

"I went to make sure, Zeke. There was no one I wanted to see." Eren replied coldly.

Zeke raised his hands in a surrender position. "OK, ok. I believe you. I'm just making sure you're prepared to do what you need to."

"You don't need to worry. I've completely committed myself. I will not hesitate. After all, this was my idea." Eren said.

Zeke nodded. "Very well then. I have business to attend to, so I'll be going."

"Hm. See you tonight then." Eren got up and walked back to the hospital.

Timeskip brought to you by this new chapter

Falco's POV:

"There's so many people." I said, looking around in wonder. Udo, Gabi, and Zofia nodded in agreement. It was our job tonight to serve the guests food and drink, and with this being such an important event, we were all nervous, on edge.

"All right guys, this should be a piece of cake for us. Let's go!" Gabi ordered.

We split up and started our jobs. It was pretty simple, and the only negative was the looks the guests have is when they saw we were Eldians. I tried to serve everyone the best I could, and I tried to keep my voice from shaking, but honestly, I was so nerve-racked that I'm surprised that I didn't accidentally spill anything on a guests clothes.

Which is exactly what Udo did. I saw him bump into a woman and spilled wine on her kimono. As he was assisting her in cleaning up, a man walked over. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but I didn't think it was gonna be good.

But, to my surprise, the man walked away. The lady leaned down to Udo and whispered something, then walked off. We ran over to him.

"Udo! Are you okay?!" I asked, worried. He looked shaken up.

"Th-that woman... she knew I was an Eldian, yet she still saved me."

"She must be from Hizuru." Gabi said, eyeing the woman. We all watched her walk away.

Timeskip to before Willy Tybur's speech
No one's POV:

"Excuse me, Captain Braun, but can you come with me for a second?" Falco asked. Reiner looked at him.

"Right now? It's about to start." He said.

"Mm, it's okay. There's still time, so as long as you're fast, you should make it back before it starts." Zeke said, checking his watch. He shrugged and followed Falco. Whatever he wanted to show him, he was surely excited to do so.

They walked for a while, and Falco led them through the streets, and eventually, down into a cellar. Reiner stood at the top of the stairs, unsure. But Falco motioned him to come down, with and innocent and eager smile on his face, so Reiner hesitantly followed.

"I'm back, Mister Kruger." Falco called into the cellar. Reiner was suspicious, but his curiosity was greater. He wanted to know who this "Mister Kruger" was. He entered the room and looked over.

There was a man sitting in a chair. He had a bandage over his eye, and his left leg was a stump. He seemed to be a war veteran, but Reiner connected the dots quickly. His skin went cold.

"Is been four years, hasn't it, Reiner?" The man said, looking at him calmly.

"Eren..." He whispered.

"Glad to see you made it back home." Eren said. There seemed to be a powerful energy coming from him, but it wasn't his own. This one was different.

"Have a seat, Reiner."

A/N: It's been a while, hasn't it? I haven't updated this in what feels like years. Hopefully, updates will be more frequent, but they're still probably gonna be slow, so bear with me. 😁