~9 MAKES 1 TEAM: KQ SQUAD?~

(Tuesday May 15th, 2018)

It's a regular day at the KQ building and the KQ Fellaz were hard at work with their training. Or at least that's what it seemed at first. The boys were in their zone, practicing away. (I'm the one in my zone! Sorry, wrong era)

They were working on their choreography that they learned until their manager came in. "Guys." He says, getting their attention. The boys noticed him and stopped momentarily. "Oh, hi!" Hongjoong greeted him first as Wooyoung paused the music and the rest of the boys bowed in unison. "Hi, guys. The CEO told me to come get you guys. He wants to see you in his office." Their manager says to them. "Oh. Okay. We'll be right there." Hongjoong nodded. Their manager left and the boys were puzzled.

"I wonder what this is about?" Seonghwa questioned. "Hopefully it's not bad." Yunho says. "I don't think it's bad. Let's just go see." Hongjoong says as they start leaving the practice room. "What could we possibly have done wrong?" Mingi asked. "I don't know. Maybe Wooyoung barked in one of the staff's faces again without telling us." Yeosang pointed out. Wooyoung sighed, "That was one time, Yeosang." He defended. "Well, did you?" Hongjoong eyed him. "No! Not this time!" Wooyoung insisted. "Alright. Let's just see what the CEO wants." Seonghwa says.

The boys went down to the CEO's office and went in. "CEO-nim." Hongjoong says as they stepped inside the office. The CEO saw them. "Hey, you're here! Come sit. Sorry to pull you away from practice like this." The CEO says to them. "No worries, it's all good. Is everything okay?" Hongjoong asked him. "Wooyoung didn't do anything, did he?" Seonghwa asked. "For the last time, hyung. I didn't do anything." Wooyoung piped in. "What? Just thought I'd ask." Seonghwa told him. "No, no one's in trouble. I just wanna talk to you guys about something." The CEO says to them.

"What's up?" San and the boys were all ears. "First thing I wanna tell you is although you guys are working very hard and you're very talented already, I love to see it, but I decided to send you guys on a little field trip." The CEO started. "A field trip?" The boys were intrigued. "Where are we going?" Mingi asked. "To America. Los Angeles, to be exact." The CEO informed them. "Really? LA?" The boys were surprised. They all had shocked faces.

"Woah! I've always wanted to go!" Wooyoung was excited. The CEO grinned at their reactions. "That's right. You're going to LA. You'll be there for a month. And remember, this is not just for fun. You will get the chance to explore and have fun, but this isn't a vacation. You guys are there to further your training and record a song. " He reminded them. "Right." The boys understood. "I can't wait!" Yunho smiled widely.

"Hongjoong, you lived there for a few years, right?" The CEO asked him. Hongjoong nodded in response. "Yes, I have when I was little. It's been awhile. I have some family there, it'll be really nice to see them again." He says with a smile. "You can show us around." Mingi says, putting his arm around him. "If I remember where everything is." Hongjoong chuckled. When the CEO heard that, he smiled.

"I'm glad you said that, Hongjoong. Because the next thing I wanted to tell you is the group is making a few minor changes. Firstly, you guys are KQ Squad now, instead of KQ Fellaz." He tells the boys. The boys heard this and were puzzled. "Wait, what?" Jongho was confused. "Why Squad?" Seonghwa asked. "Are we getting a new member?" Wooyoung questioned. "Don't say things like that." Seonghwa said to him. "There's no way we're getting a new member. Right?" Jongho says. "Actually...yes. You guys are getting a new member. And the reason for the name change is because your new 9th member is a girl." The CEO revealed.

"A girl is joining us???" Wooyoung was shocked. "Are you sure?" Jongho asked. "Yes, I'm very sure, Jongho. You'll meet her in LA when you get there. She'll help you register for your dance classes because she's a regular student there." The CEO says to the boys. "But do we really need 9 members? 8 is enough, don't you think?" Seonghwa objected. "Sure, 8 is a good number of members. But this girl that I'm adding has what it takes to be with you guys. You'll see." The CEO insisted. "Have an open mind, hyung. Having a girl in the group could be a good thing." San tried to persuade Seonghwa. "I guess..." Seonghwa sighed with a shrug.