[3] Secret

I stood in front of the mirror, the elderly tailor standing behind me with a rope of tape measure wrapped up his arm. I inspected the new suit that fit tightly to my body as I pursed my lips. This suit was the one that I would wear for our date. It was tailored perfectly to fit my body and a dark navy undertone sunk deep into the fabric itself, a line of gold tracing along the opening of the jacket. I would fit in perfectly with the evening.

"A new suit already, brother?" Niklaus stated as he leaned against the door of my bedroom, a glass of warm whiskey clutched tightly against his right palm. I nodded to the tailor, proving that this suit would work perfectly and he was free to go. I waited for the man to leave before I spoke against Niklaus. I walked over to the corner of my room, pouring myself my very own glass of whiskey.

"Niklaus," I muttered as I took a sharp sip of the alcohol, "don't you have anything better to do than to worry about what I'm doing?" A devilish smile spreads across his face as he points his finger towards me and shakes it. "You see Elijah..." he begins, "I know you better than you will ever know." I narrowed my eyes to glare at him.

There's no way that he knows anything about Abigail or our relationship. A hint of fear sets in as I imagine if he were to know about us. For all I know, Abigail could already be dead by the hands of Klaus. Perhaps that's why he seems to be in such a good mood. Murder always brings him joy.

"What is it that you know?" I whispered, continuing to glare over at him. He takes another sip of whiskey and sits his glass on the table next to him. "Whenever you get a new suit, generally there's a very good reason," he said as he walks closer to me. If I were a human and had a beating heart, it would have beat right out of my chest and onto the floor in front of me in this moment. I cared about nothing more than Abigail's safety by this point.

"Then what is the reason Niklaus?" I tested him, biting onto his name as I released it. An arrogant smile spread across his face as he turned his back on me, beginning to exit the room without another word. "Then what is the reason Niklaus!?" I asked again, the veins in my neck bulging with my shouts.

"Perhaps," he whispered, his back still turned to me, "there's something or someone that you're hiding from me." He turned around to face me, my chest rising and falling heavily as I clenched my fists. "I will discover your secret eventually, brother..." he whispered before leaving me alone in my bedroom.

I had to get to Abigail and immediately. The very thought of her being alone and at the possible hands of Klaus or whoever he would send was enough for me to want to murder everyone in New Orleans so that it would be only her and I left.

In a matter of seconds, I was in front of her old Victorian home with the black shutters. Her bedroom window was covered by drapes, not allowing me to see if she was still getting ready for our date. With my vampire speed, I sped to her front door - ringing the doorbell immediately. I quickly glanced behind me to make sure that nobody had caught my speed.

The neighborhood behind me was eerily silent. There were no children playing outside and the only noise that could be heard was the booming music from the French Quarter only a few blocks away. I rang the doorbell once more before the door swung open, revealing Abigail.

As soon as she was in my sight, I relaxed immediately. She was fine. She was still perfect in every way. Her blonde hair sat high above her head in a bundle of curls as her petite frame was fit with a pale pink dress that washed gently over the floor as she walked.

"Elijah Mikaelson," she spoke quietly, bowing gently as she offered me her hand. "Abigail Oakes..." I responded in awe, placing my lips softly against the top of her hand. Her pale cheeks quickly became adorned with a pink color as she slightly turned her head away from me.