CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

Michie's POV

"Taehyung, are you really planning to stay here overnight just to be able to catch one fish?" I asked him while I was yawning.

He's been playing the same game since earlier ago.  Everyone already gave up and left but taehyung just won't. He was already soaked by the water from the aquarium too.

"Look. Taehyung. You won't be called a coward or a loser if you can't catch any fish. Okay?" I told him.

But he didn't mind me. He stayed focus on the fish that he was targeting. He's unbelievable, I can't believe  he's being like this over a single fish.

"I will be able to catch you. You damn little gold fucking fish!" He yelled.

"Gosh. He's so childish..." I mumbled.

I caught myself staring at him while he was focusing on the fish. His eyes were focused on the fish that he want. His brows were furrowed  and he didn't care even if his curly hair was almost covering his eyes. "He's cute though." I mumbled to myself.

So, this is how he looks when he's paying so much attention on playing.

I suddenly felt my own heartbeat beating so fast while looking at him. He looks quite far from his usual. He usually looks like a devil who doesn't think about anything except killing people and hitting on every girl he want.

I never imagine him having such an expression like this.

"I made it! I fucking made it!"

I just came back to my senses when he started yelling like he just won the lottery. He showed me the fish that he caught and I smiled while clapping for him.

"Great. You were able to catch a single fish within an hour and a half."

"I told you, Michie. I'm not the person who easily give up. I will do everything just to get what I want." He said while looking straight into my eyes.

I gulp and averted my gaze away from him to avoid his intimidating gaze towards me. Then I suddenly saw an old woman selling accessories in a stall beside a fountain.

"V, v let's go there!"

"H-hey. How about my fish, Michie!" He complained.

"Hi, How much is this headband?" I asked the old woman.

She raised her head and a smile automatically formed on her face as soon as she saw us. "Only one dollar."

"Really? Wait, can I choose?"

"Of course, dear."

I started looking through her stall for headbands and other accessories, like bracelets and necklace. I suddenly saw a cute headband with the ears of a cat.

I grabbed it and wore it on my head, then I looked at taehyung. "V, does it suit me?"

"You look like a beautiful cat woman  who's ready to bite and scratch me anytime."

I rolled my eyes and put the headband back in the stall. "I think I'll just take this one." I said then I took another headband with the ears of a bear. I faced taehyung.

"Can you bend down a bit? You're so tall." I said.

"Why? What are you going to do?"

"Just bend down a bit."

He stared at me first  then he followed what I just told him to do.  He was staring at me as I wore the headband on his head. I smiled as soon as I saw how cute he was.

"It's so cute! It's suits you so much! So cute! Hahaha!" I cooed.

"Are you trying to make me look dumb?" He glared at me.

"Huh? You don't look dumb at all. Because you look so cute."

He raised an eyebrow. "Alright, then, you should do the same."

"What are you-

Taehyung picked a headband with koala's ears and wore it to me too. "You're insanely adorable."

I felt my cheeks burn. "What are you saying..."

"You look adorable together. I think you'll really end up with each other." The old woman suddenly spoke while smiling at both of us.

"Uh-

"Actually she's my wife." Taehyung said.

The old woman nodded. "Oh, really? But I don't think you have a genuine feelings for each other yet. You're being confused, you'll be confused countless times but I can see that you'd still fall back to each other."

"T-this is ten dollars total. Right? Here. And thank you so much." I said to the woman before I followed taehyung. Who already started walking away.

"Are we going home now?" I asked him.

"Yes." He replied.

I don't know why but I suddenly felt sad. We were about to walk towards his car when I suddenly remember something.

"Wait, taehyung!"

"What?"

I took my phone from my bag. "Let's took a photo. So we have a remembrance."

"What?"

I pulled him towards the fountain. "Let's took some photos together!"

We took photos together while people were walking past us. They were actually looking at taehyung  and I could hear them mumbling how cute he is. "Looks like even them find you cute in those bear ears."  I whispered to him.

"I'm not a puppy to be cute." He said

"Taehyung."

"He faced me. "What?"

"Thank you for bringing me here. I really had so much fun." I said and smiled at him.

A small smile suddenly formed on his face. "I'm glad you had some fun."

Then the sound of the fireworks was heard.  We both looked up at the sky and saw how beautiful it was as different colors scattered  around.

***

•• TO BE CONTINUE ••