HISTORY REPEATING

"So, Bonnie still has the Crystal?" I ask taking a sip of my coffee. We were still in bed with Damon trying to figure out how we will move forward with our plan from now on. Not that I wanted to see Kathrine, from what Damon has told me she is a real bitch, but Damon needs closure with his human life so his wish is my command.

"Yes, and it's protected so I can't get it off her," he says upset with the fact.

"Don't worry about the Bennet witch. She can be too stubborn for her own good"

"I'll try one more try to ask for it politely but after that, I can't promise anything," he says with a smirk and pecks my lips, making me smile.

I grab my phone and look at the time and I shoot up seeing how late I was.

"Damn it, I'm going to be late" I exclaim and run to the bathroom to get ready. I don't think I have ever gotten ready this quickly.

I got out and give Damon a short kiss and grab my things. "I'll be at the school till lunch, if you are free, text me to go eat together if you are up to something please don't get into too much trouble" I shout as I walked to the door, closing it behind me.

I walked into the school messing around in my bag trying to find the keys to my classroom when I hear an unfamiliar voice.

"You must be Miss Gilbert" I look up to see a man in his early 30s with light brown hair.

"That I am and whom may you be?" I ask a bit creeped out that he knew who I was.

"Oh sorry, I'm Alaric Saltzman, I'm the new History teacher. I was informed by the principal about the brilliant young literature teacher, he also told me to find you because our classes our next to one another" he explained realising that I had no idea who he was.

"Oh well, welcome to Mystic Falls, Mr Saltzman, I hope you have better luck than the last History teacher," I say and he gave me a playful glare.

As we walked to our classroom I gave him a small tour, since he didn't have the time to look around. He is fun to be around I have to admit but something about his questions makes me think that he has a hidden agenda. I just have to keep a close eye on him.

"Here we are," I say as we finally approach our destination

"Well, thank you for your help miss Gilbert, I'm most grateful," he says with a kind smile.

"You are welcome, and you can call me Melody, I'm far too young to be called Miss Gilbert outside of the classroom" I give him a kind smile.

"If that's the case you can call me Alaric" He replies returning the smile.

"You better go in; you don't want to keep them waiting. Good luck and welcome to Mystic Falls" I say before entering my classroom.

Time skip

I was packing my thing when my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answer without looking at the caller ID.

"Hey Mel, I'm going to the Grill with Jeremy for lunch would you like to join us" I hear Jenna's voice at the other end of the line. Well, since Damon hasn't called it would be a good opportunity to see my family. Since I met Damon and got caught up in the supernatural drama, I haven't really talked with aunt Jenna

"Hey, Aunt Jenna, I'm available for lunch. Do you want me to pick you up or are you meeting us there?"

"I'm already on the way so I'll meet you guys there" she answers.

"Okay drive safe," I say and hung up.

I walk out of my classroom and look around for Jeremy only to see him come out from Alaric's class.