A Running Start

I crack open my eyes to see the ceiling, I remember crash landing into the trash can and blacking out so I expected to be in the same area I was before, but no. I feel a soft surface underneath me and on top of me? I prop myself up and look down, it appears I'm on top of a couch, I prepare to climb down and make my escape when that dog from earlier jumped on the couch while excitedly barking I let out a small yelp from it scaring me.

I didn't realize earlier but the large skeleton from earlier was sleeping on the other side of the couch and the dog seemed to have just woken him up. He sits up yawns and then rubs his eyes I look up at him and he seems to take notice of it. "Oh hey kid I see your awake, how's your head you gave it a good whack when you tried to makes friends with the trash can." He stretches out two fingers to pick me up I assume but I still fully can't trust him, I hide my face in my hands and whimper, "Aw kid, your making me feel bad." He then hops off the couch and sits on the floor in front of me.

"Look I know I'm quite big compared to you but I don't wish to bring you any harm, I was just curious and wanted to meet you." I raise my head after he said the last part and I stammer out words from my mouth "I-I didn't k-know." "Don't worry about it kid, maybe we can start over?" I nod my head "I'm glad you agree kid!" "So maybe we should find something to talk about get to know each other a little bit?" I was about to nod my head until I remembered my bag.

I raise my hand up to say something "What's up kid you got something?" "Y-yeah m-my bag??" "Oh your bag, I set it over there by the-" there's all of a sudden we hear a muffled bark coming from the dog.. Who has my bag in its mouth, "Sans then looks up at me and says " Heh, that's drool proof right?"

He then walks over to the dog and takes the bag out its mouth he comes back over to the couch and hands me the bag, I grab the bag and set it down on the couch due to how much dog slobber is on it "Hey, at least we found it, maybe it will be dry if we give it sometime."

*TIME SKIP*

Me and Sans got to talk to each other for quite a while, he told me about the underground and all the other locations of snowdin. "Hey kid, I don't think you ever told me your name." "Do you have a name?" I look down and try to say my name but I can't, like there's tape over my mouth I mutter out "ffffrrisssss." But I.just can't say I. "Hey no pressure I was just asking." I then hear a click sound come from the door, the door then opens and the taller skeleton from earlier emerged from the outside "Hey Sans I'm back, I hope your ready for my famous spaghetti!"

The door then closes and he looks at Sans, then he looks at me and sets down a bag he was holding and walks over to me and looks down at me, panic washes over me and I felt like running but I didn't want a repeat of earlier Sans then says something to the other skeleton "Okay Paps lets just take this nice and slow she's still really jumpy and I can barely get her to stay for me yet." He looks down at me his shadow still looming over me, "Since when... Did we have such an adorable guest, and so small too!" He reaches out his hand and I accidentally stumble over "My apologies I didn't mean to make you fall over."

"Even though my greatness must be a lot to take in for someone your height." I then quickly prop myself back up to my feet "I don't blame you though your pretty amazing too!" He then pats me on the head and I look up and smile at him, he then looks over to his brother "Sans since when did you make such a cool friend he then whispers to me that he barely invites anyone over."

"I don't know bro, when did you get so cool?"