3

Ariana Belle FletcherRome, Italy7:59am

Rome, Italy
7:59am

i'm standing outside juju's building. my heart is racing so fast i'm sure it could explode any second.

"ariana?"

the sound of my name coming from her lips, the same lips that kissed my demario, unravels me.

shit! what do i say now? okay, come on. put yourself together here

"hm, it's a little early"

all you have to do is get juju to let you in

"can you come—"

i cut her off before she can tell me to come back later.

"i know it's early, i just need someone to talk to. it's about demario"

i pause for a dramatic effect, letting his name sink in.

"i'm sure he's told you were going through a rough patch right now"

that's not too much of a lie, especially if he's fucking you. i'd say that qualifies as more than a rough patch. it just sucks that i'm the last person to know that there's trouble in paradise

"can i please, please come in?"

somehow, i manage to disguise my burning rage with desperation.

juju stays silent for what seems like an eternity.

"ahh, okay"

luckily for me, juju bought the act.

juju buzzes me into her dorm. i sprint up the stairs heading straight for her door.

i raise my hand to knock on the door. i watch as my hand hovers in front of the door.

holy shit, i'm shaking

my hand is shaking uncontrollably. i notice that my entire body is trembling. the rage, the hurt, and the dreams of the future now lay in tatters.

the emotions nearly take over my whole body as i feel the renewed anger boiling inside me.

keep it together for a little longer

suddenly, juju opens up the door.

she looks as if she's just rolled out of bed, wearing nothing but a worn oversized grey t-shirt.