14

Ariana Belle FletcherRome, Italy4:49pm

Rome, Italy
4:49pm

i arrive back home after a long day out with francesco, and he had to disappear into the evening to go on an actual date with his girlfriend.

for me, the whole day was beyond my mildest expectations. whenever i am with him, things seem natural and easy. i love how his facts lights up, like a little child, whenever he gets excited.

"hey! did you make it home okay?"

this. this man!

i smile softly to myself.

i love how he continuously checks in on me. he cares weather or not if i made it home safely. he tries to send me a good morning text when i wake up or a goodnight text before i go to sleep.

with him, it's the littlest things that help put a smile on my face.

"yes! safe and sound. thanks for checking in"

"good. i'd be a jerk if i didn't ask"

"you? a jerk? nope, i could never imagine"

"yeah, juju would happily debate with you on that one"

my fingers hover over the keyboard, debating on what to type next.

eh, do i want to get into this?

"ugh, fine. i'll be a good friend. first of all, she is one to talk after all the shit she's pulled. but why do you say that?"

"no, i don't want to involve you in our drama. it's not fair"

you're not entirely wrong, but i am asking for this

"come on, it's me. you can tell me"

"there's not even that much to tell. she was pissed that i spent the whole day with you, especially since this was one of our last weekends together in rome. am i being insensitive, or is she being overly dramatic? i've been open about what's been going on with us. ha, i even asked her if she'd be okay with this, and she gave me the green light"

what exactly is going on with us?

there's one question i still don't have the confidence to ask.

"francesco, come on. she's hurt and probably feeling a little insecure. i certainly would be, after everything's shes done. she's just afraid of you hurting her too"