Your art is a goldmine

"Did you poison this?"

Your eyes widen at Levi's question. "Did I poison your drink?"

The man blinks at you as he holds his cup in hand.

"Why would you think that I'd poison it?"

The man shrugs as he fixes his uniform which seems to be his second skin as you've never seen him without it.

"You seem to dislike me heavily Madame."

You bite the inside of your cheek as you notice that he hasn't touched his food either.

"Would I invite someone that I dislike to my estate for lunch?"

"If you planned to kill them, yes."

Your lip quivers, "Again, I apologize for my...uncouth words about you the other day. Sometimes I just get irritated about my life. It's hard being a noble, I have a lot of responsibilities and sometimes I lash out."

He blinks, "I'm sure the lower class would love to say the same thing."

Your eyes suddenly widen at his bold words.

Does he really think he's in a position to call me out?

"I'll let you know, I do a lot to help the lower class around here! Everyone that's been through my estate has received my help one way or another. What have you done?"

"Ah, there it is."

You raise a brow, and for the first time, he bites into the food that your maids have prepared.

"What?"

"This food tastes like shit."

"Huh?"

Your face twists and your fists ball, never in your life had you met such a swine in a suit such as him.

"The food doesn't taste all that good, and this bird is still chirping. And I was also referencing that you've dropped your charade."

"Charade?"

You sound like one of your friend's pet parrots.

"Charade. You can't expect me to believe that someone who couldn't stand the sight of me suddenly wants to feed me on their luxurious estate. You dislike me Madame, and that's fine. What's not fine is you lying to me, now what do you want?"

He sips from his tea that you had the maids make for him as well since you noticed he likes it so much.

"This tastes like shit as well."

You stand, and your hand slams the table making it shake a bit but he doesn't falter, if anything, one of your maid's gasps and drops what's in her hand, but you don't pay her any mind as you stare a hole into Levi's head.

"I've never been disrespected on my own estate before like this. I prepared the tea to your liking, and made a dish inspired by what I thought you would eat at your own home. Yet you throw curses at me, and decide to disrespect my character. I should have you thrown out immediately!"

Your chest heaves as you attempt to catch your breath, you shouldn't be so temperamental, so emotional, and you usually never are. But you've never been talked to like this before by anyone.

"Then do it."

"Excuse me?"

"I said do it Madame, call your guards to throw me out of your estate, or just ask me to, and I'll leave."

He doesn't even break a sweat at your little show that you've put on.

"Do you mind if I smoke?"

You stand flabbergasted as he pulls a cigarette out of his pocket, he ignites it and the smell of it clogs your nostrils and you immediately start to cough.