Forget-Me-Not

"All are present, so let the meeting commence!"

The voice boomed in the underground room. The variety of people shifted as the murmurs turned into silence. Your leader at the center spoke, gave updates to the group, and talked about a plan of action.

But you could feel everyone's eyes on you. They were no doubt waiting to hear about what you had managed to drag out of the soldier who was once again out on business tonight.

You bit your lip as you thought about him. Your stomach warmed and your lip twitched into a smile as you zoned out on the important meeting.

You had thought that after getting to know the soldier you would simply drag information out of him the next time the two of you met, but to your surprise when you did visit Levi, he had a gift for you.

You unconsciously touched the bare of your chest, your fingers slipping underneath your thick dress sleeve to touch a small piece of paper that was tucked away inside.

He had given it to you a week or so ago.

Levi, you mean.

When you came to visit he told you he had something for you. At the time you were skeptical and confused, and a large part of you thought the worst of this gift he had for you.

But as you opened your hand, he placed a small piece of paper inside of it. And when you unfolded it, your body was filled with utter shock at the familiar sight.

Your face was painted in confusion as you glanced up at him and he mumbled how, "I tried recreating it the best I could, I couldn't get it out of my head since I saw it."

Your eyes glanced back down at the small paper, and on it was his own form of your painting that still sat outside in the garden.

You remember the shock on his pale face when a single tear fell from your eye. He didn't understand what could bring about such emotion, and his confusion only deepened when you told him, "Thank you, I love it." 

You didn't really know how to put it in words at the time, and in all honesty, you still don't. It's just that in that moment, that was the second time in your entire existence that anyone has ever actually shown their appreciation for your art.

And both times Levi Ackerman was the one to do so.

"Y/n?"

Your eyes widen as you feel an elbow slightly dig itself into your side. You glanced at its source and raised a brow at Hitch. Her face is painted in concern, and as you fix your face to ask her what's wrong, she tilts her head.

You turn away from her, and your stomach twists a bit as you notice everyone's eyes are on you.

"I'm sorry?"

You nervously mumble the words, people glance among themselves and you hear whispers from other aristocrats as they say, "This is not a time to be daydreaming."

You bit your lip as the glares in the room burn your flesh.

"Come on, you all act like you don't start thinking about what your next meal is when Rico starts speaking."

At Jean's words, the spoken of woman gasps and throws a few curses at him, but her words are overshadowed by the laughter that rumbles through the room.

"Everyone calm down. Y/n, I was asking what you've been getting up to. You were the one who told everyone to take things slow and to use their own brain. So we did, what have you done?"

You sighed and thought about how you were going to answer the question. It was simple, right? You would tell them you were becoming friends with a soldier to pull as much information out of him as possible. And in the past few weeks, you've been doing just that.