𝟹𝟸|told you so

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

The whole Pack, with the addition of Samara and Nadine, arrived at Beacon Hills Preserve later that day. Samara couldn't help but chuckle when she saw Isaac remove his scarf.

"What?" he asked, seeing that she was staring.

The girl cleared her throat, shaking her head. "Nothing. Let's go."

Isaac rolled his eyes, laughing a bit to himself before opening the door. They got out of the cars, a solemn silence hanging over them all like a heavy curtain.

Samara hadn't seen a fully shifted were-anything, so she wasn't really sure what to expect. Would she look indistinguishable from a coyote, or would there be something that made her stand out from the rest?

"Anyone else think we might be doing more harm than good?" Lydia asked, verbalising what most of them were questioning at that moment.

Scott climbed off of his bike, walking over to join the rest of them. "We're trying to keep a father from killing his own daughter."

"Actually, we're trying to keep a guy from killing a coyote who is actually his daughter, who we don't know how to change from a coyote back to his daughter," Isaac corrected flatly.

Stiles shoved his car keys into his pocket as he shot Isaac an unimpressed look. "And again with the not helping."

Isaac and Stiles shared scowls as Scott rolled his eyes, Mara shoving her arm into Isaac's ribs. His focus shifted to her, eyes narrowed in confusion.
"What was that for?"

"Do you actually have to ask?" she responded quietly, shaking her head as she turned away from him.

Scott sighed heavily, deciding to bring everyone back on topic, looking over to Allison, "Did you bring it?"

The girl didn't answer, walking over to the boot of Isaac's car and retrieving the gun that she had been aiming at the boy's head just a few hours ago. She had a stiff frown on her face, trying not to let anyone see just how nervous she was about this and about being the one holding the gun.

"Alright, so, what's the plan? How are we gonna catch coyote girl?" Nadine asked, tightening her jacket around herself. It wasn't cold but she still felt a chill, the woods uncomforting now that she knew what was in them.

"Isaac, Lincoln and I will hunt her down by scent. The rest of you will be on the lookout too but just don't engage if you find her," Scott instructed. "Once we find her, that's when Allison-"

The sound of a gunshot echoed through the woods, making Samara jump. She could feel her heart pounding against her ribcage as she brought a hand to her chest. Two more gunshots followed close behind and all of them realised that they were running out of time to save her. Mr Tate had arrived and he was angry.