𝟹𝟿|lucky

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

"Mara. Mara, wake up."

Samara groaned as her eyes opened, seeing her brother kneeling in front of her. The girl rubbed her eyes as she sat up. "What's going on? Is he awake?"

Wren shook his head, "No, there's still no word."

The girl's heart ached, lips pursed as she dropped her head in her hands. "It's my fault. He got hurt because he pushed me out of the way," she mumbled.

Again, the twin shook his head, "Samara, that wasn't your fault. You didn't ask him to do that."

As Samara stared at the door to Isaac's locked ICU room, Wren moved to sit beside her. She let her head fall to his shoulder, wishing that Isaac would walk out the door.

"Hey, have you guys been here all night?" Scott asked as he approached the twins with his mother in tow.

Wren greeted the two, answering him first. "I only just got back. Samara hasn't left."

When Scott looked over at her, Samara frowned sadly. "I've been waiting to find out if he's okay for hours. They won't let me see him because I'm not family. I tried to tell them he doesn't have any but they said that was the rule."

"Well, he's got us," Melissa countered, before holding up a card. "And I've got a key card."

Samara looked to her brother, who nodded and told her he would wait outside. He wasn't like Samara, he couldn't heal himself. So, even if he tried to heal Isaac, it would only pass the injury on to Wren.

The girl went and stood by Scott as his mother unlocked the room. She told them to be quick as the door opened for them.

Following Scott, Samara walked into the room. Isaac's bed was in the centre surrounded by various medical equipment. He was hooked up to several of them, his chest slowly heaving up and down.

The girl felt sick as they got closer, finally able to see him. The side of his face, neck and his right hand and arm were all burnt. The skin was black and charred, pus-covered and blistering where the electricity had hit the worst.

Samara reached for him but stopped right before she touched him, concerned that her control would falter and she would make it worse.
"He should be healing. Why isn't he healing?"

"I don't know," Scott said quietly.
The werewolf placed a hand on Isaac's arm, flinching as he felt his friend's feelings.

Samara observed, swallowing heavily. "He's in pain, isn't he?"

Scott nodded, tightening his grip slightly as he began to provide Isaac with some much-needed alleviation. Isaac's body convulsed as he was relieved of some of his pan, a deep breath dragging through his lips.