𝟺𝟷|broken promises

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

When Samara opened her eyes all she felt was cold. Her whole body felt stiff as she tried to figure out where she was. The room itself was bland but something about it seemed familiar.

The parchment brown walls, the stale smell, the glass wall. This was a different unit but she had been here before. She began to go into panic mode, going to sit up when she realised she was unable to move.

Lifting her head, she was able to look down enough to see that she was in a straitjacket and had been restrained to the bed she was on. She couldn't remember what had happened before she'd passed out but she was afraid to find out if it had landed her back here.

"Welcome back, Miss Hart," a man's voice said from behind the glass wall. "It's been quite a while, although, after your last stay with us I was actually expecting to see you sooner."

She was back in Eichen House. This wasn't the room she had spent time growing up in, though - her last room had a door. This room had three stone walls and then a wall made of glass with holes in it so that she wouldn't suffocate.

"What's going on? This isn't the room I was in," she said in a panic.

"You're right," the man laughed. "This is the closed unit."

Samara's blood ran cold at his words. This was the section of Eichen for the worst of the worst. After an outburst where she had hurt another patient, Doctor Fenris had taken Samara on a tour of Eichen house's closed unit. He always told Samara that if she hurt or killed anyone, she could expect a 'room' beside the rest of the monsters in there.

"What did I do?" the girl asked shakily.

This surprised the man, but he smiled still, "You don't remember? I don't know the full story. Something to do with your brother."

"What?" she gasped, trying to get out of the bed again. "What happened? Is he okay? Is he alive?"

"I don't know and I can't say that I care," the man told her bluntly.

"Let me out of here!" the girl screamed, thrashing about in the bed.

The man unlocked the door, walking into the room with a needle in his hand and a continuous smile on his face. As he grew closer, Samara was finally able to put a name to the face - Brunski.

"No, let me go!" she continued to scream. "I can't be here! Let me go!"

The man knelt beside the bed and put a hand on the side of her head, holding her in place as he inserted the needle into her neck. "God, I love my job," he laughed darkly as he pushed down on the plunger.

As soon as he let go, Samara went back to thrashing about. It did little good, though, considering that her whole body was bound. "No! No! Let me out of this fucking place!"