Chapter I

The Revival of a Squid

_____________________________________________

Location: Evolution Server

POV: Grian :)

Clunk, goes the sound of a few pieces of cobblestone as they hit the ground around me. I was digging through a chest, one after the other, gathering every bit of blue wool I could find. It was getting kinda boring here on the Evo server. Everyone has been working on their bases or on Downtown Evo, as I have been as well. A mischievous smile spreads across my face as I lift up the wool from the chest I had been searching in. It’s about time something exciting happened.

Slipping the wool into my inventory, I drop the lid of the chest and turn to walk away. This should be enough wool now. Walking through The Empire, I recall many moons ago, to the dreadful day on which I awoke to see a giant squid built upon my base. I glance down at my hand, remembering the way the flint and steel felt as I lit the squid on fire, watching as it burned into the night leaving not a block of wool behind. Days later, the maker of the squid, SystemZee, made a burial site for his beloved “child’ right at my base.

I arrive at the entrance to the tomb. With some effort, I open the old wooden door and walk inside. There were a few chests and flowers scattered around the small room. I lift the lid of one of the chests and take a look at its contents. “Yes!” I exclaim happily as I pull out the newly acquired wool. I finish rummaging around through the chests and make my way back out of the tomb of Squiddy. Raising my hand to my forehead to block the sunlight as it tries to blind me, I count the wool I have collected.

A smile spreads across my face in satisfaction. A few stacks of blue wool should hopefully be enough. I turn to face in the direction of SystemZee’s base. Today, today we bring back Squiddy. We raise him from the dead only this time bigger and better! After double checking I have some cobblestone and sandstone for fillers and details, I head off towards the unsuspecting victim of Squiddy’s revival.

‘--~{<->}~--’

SystemZee, one of the original members of my Server. Known for his building talent he joined me on my project of Downtown Evo. We have big plans for it, including turning many of the currently hollow and unfinished buildings into working farms for resources. I look up at the main building, and laugh to myself. I pull out some dirt and tower up to one of the corners of the building. Using my pickaxe I break a brick block and replace it with a sandstone one, replicating the other side. I destroy the dirt tower to get back down, happy with my now symmetrical build.

I brush off the dust on my green hoodie similar to the one Link wore, and make my way through the rest of Downtown Evo til I reach the outside of Zee’s bunker style base. I walk down the stone stairs and come to a wooden door. With zero hesitation I burst open the door, and accidentally hit off a cow which falls down off the narrow railing and to its death. I walk up to the edge and glance down.

“Stink, that might have been Zee’s pet.” I mutter in ashament. “I really hope it wasn’t.”

I follow the stairs down to the ground and look around SystemZee’s base. For being styled like a bunker from the outside, it is rather funny to see the inside with an open roof and a farm growing on the base level. I glance up at the open roof and an idea pops into my head. What if I revive Sqiddy as though he's leaning over Zee’s base, almost taking it over. Yes, that will do perfectly. I grab some dirt from my inventory and pillar up to start making some framework for the squid's body.

I use cobblestone for the main part, hopping down to look back at my work to make sure it looks right, before continuing on again. Once the main part of Squiddy looks right, I pull out the blue wool to start slowly covering the cobblestone all up. Unfortunately, I quickly realize I do not have nearly enough wool and will run out soon. Just as I predicted, just over half way done with the body, I ran out. I jump down and make my way to the storage section of Zee’s base. Thankfully, unlike me he has all of his items organized and it doesn't take me very long at all to find enough blue wool to complete the build.

I make haste and rush back to the build so I can get back to work. Once finished covering the body of the squid, I start the process of building eight arms. Only two arms in, I realize just how hard this is gonna be. Each arm has to be positioned so that it doesn't look too stiff or too swoopy to an extent that it looks unnatural. After an embarrassing amount of time, I finally completed each one however, and the end build looks great!

Now just for the last step, add some sandstone to the under of the tentacles to enhance the detail. Regarding the Squid's face, I made his eyes angry and menacing, along with a mouth full of teeth. I take a few steps back from on the ground and admire my work of art. I am finally finished. Before me now, rising from around Zee’s base is Squiddy, in all his blue wooliness. I pull out some wooden signs and place them in front of SystemZee’s door. Written on the signs is, “So, you thought you could just bury me and forget? Now I own this bunker forever more!!!”
-Love Squiddy
Also, “Hi dad” because at the end of the day Zee did make the Squid first.

_____________________________________________

I'M BACK EVERYONE!!!! MWWAHAHAHA!
DID YA MISS ME?

Sorry this chapter is short, I'm just getting warmed up >:)

See yall in the next one!

Stay safe, happy, and healthy! And drink water!!!

:)

1040 words