Chapter 4

Grey spent the rest of the day in their room. He wanted to avoid Aziela s much as he could, even if it was contrary to what he needed to do. It was already two in the morning and Grey couldn't sleep. He carefully got off the bed to not wake Milan up before leaving the room. A figure was moving around the kitchen and Grey was immediately on high alert. He made sure that his steps weren't heard as he walked to the kitchen. Grey let out a sigh of relief when he saw the wheelchair. 

"Why the fuck are you up so early?" Grey asked as he approached Aziel.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I just grabbed some water," Aziel said as he placed his glass down in the sink.

"I thought you weren't supposed to be able to talk?" Grey scoffed.

Aziel didn't know how to respond. His speech was able to remain normal but he didn't know what to say given how hostile Grey has been towards him. Grey opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water before closing it.

"Don't be too comfortable around here. Once Morales is done with you, you're out of this fucking house. Do you understand?" Grey spat and Aziel could only nod. 

A door suddenly creaked open and a sleepy Elio walked towards Aziel.

"I can't sleep," the boy muttered.

"Come here, I'll stay with you until you fall asleep," Grey said in a soft tone as he placed his hand over his shoulder.

"No. I want to sleep beside daddy Aziel," He said as he tried to sit on Aziel's lap.

Grey clenched his jaw in annoyance before sighing in defeat.

"Okay. I'll help you go to his room. Don't get on his lap," he muttered as he carefully pulled Elio off of Aziel.

Elio walked beside Aziel as he was wheeled by Grey back to his room. He placed the wheelchair beside the bed before grabbing Aziel's waist and lifting him onto the bed. Grey almost cringed when he felt how thing Aziel was. He was skin and bones and it almost felt like he was already touching his ribs. Aziel could feel his skin heat up where Grey had touched him. 

Grey carefully placed his legs on the bed before helping Elio lay down beside him. He hated the idea of leaving his son alone with Aziel, but he didn't want to sour the kid's mood. Elio quickly fell asleep beside Aziel and Grey left in silence after turning off the lamp. Aziel caressed Elio's head. He was feeling joy he has never felt in a long time. 

What once seemed like a dream was happening right in front of him. The only problem is that his nightmare was playing at the same time as his dream. He knew that once all of this was over, he might have to leave his son once again. As much as he wanted to fix his relationship with grey, it doesn't seem possible anymore.

Ever since that day, he only saw hatred in his eyes. He's always hated him for putting his work before his family when he was doing the same thing. His heart still aches whenever he remembers the way Grey looked at him that day. I was full of pain, hatred, and betrayal. They were never meant to see each other in that place.

Aziel just has o remember what happened the day he was kidnapped and how he had ended up at that warehouse. The sooner the better. He's already caused enough pain in Grey's life and with that last thought, he finally fell asleep. 

"Don't be too loud, sweetheart. Let your daddy rest for a little more," Milan whispered as he woke up Elio to get him ready for school.

Aziel stirred in his sleep and woke up to find a still-sleepy Elio and Milan standing beside the bed.

"Oh, I'm sorry to wake you up. I just had to wake Elio up to get him ready for school,"  Milan said as he ushered Elio to go and get ready.

"It's fine, I was about to wake up anyway," Aziel said as he sat up from the bed.