Chapter 6

Present...

Grey snapped out of the memory. It was the first they met after talking online. Grey could remember how smitten he was with Aziel when they first met. He never kissed on the first date but there was something about Aziel that made him do it. Grey scoffed at the thought. He regrets meeting Aziel, or that's what he tells himself.

"I have to go grocery shopping," Milan said.

"I'll go with you," Grey said as he wiped his hands off on the towel.

"No, you have to stay with Aziel," he replied.

"No, you stay with Aziel, I go grocery shopping," Grey suggested instead but Milan gave him a disapproving look. 

"Can you stop being stubborn?" Milan almost begged.

"I am not being stubborn, I'm just being logical," Grey replied.

Milan just rolled his eyes and grabbed the car keys before bolting out of the door. Grey tried to follow him but the door almost slammed him in the face. Grey sighed in defeat. His gaze fell on Aziel in the living room and he quickly walked back to his room. Aziel sighed and just grabbed a random book from the shelf and started reading it. After a few moments, he started to experience another headache. He was advised to just take pain medication to help him manage it.

The pain meds were in the kitchen so he wheeled himself towards the room, desperately trying to ignore the pulsing sensation in his head. Aziel cursed under his breath and stopped wheeling his chair when he felt the headache worsen. His vision was starting to get blurry so he tried his best to just get up from his chair despite his muscles screaming at him not to. He managed to take a few steps before his legs gave up.

Aziel braced himself as he felt his body fall but he was quickly caught by Grey. Aziel felt his face flush and his headache was forgotten for a moment before it came back on full force. Aziel groaned in pain as Grey slowly put him back on his chair.

"What the fuck were you doing?" Grey asked, masking his worry with annoyance.

"I need some pain meds," Aziel managed to breathe out.

Grey sighed and wheeled him into the kitchen before handing him his meds and a bottle of water. Aziel downed the pills and took a few gulps from the water bottle before handing it back to Grey.

"I'm sorry," Aziel muttered. 

"Yeah, whatever," Grey scoffed before leaving Aziel alone once again. 

Aziel is still trying to get used to how Grey was treating him, but no matter how much he tries, he still gets hurt. A part of him is still holding onto that part of Grey that was kind and loving to him but he understood that they're already far from that. Aziel then wheeled himself back to the bedroom and lifted himself onto the bed with great struggle. He just wanted to nap this headache off and preferably not wake up. The moment his body hit the bed, he was out like a light.

Grey went back out of his room after an hour to check on Aziel. He found the living room empty and he almost panicked until he heard sounds coming from the spare bedroom. Grey carefully opened the door and found Aziel sleeping on his bed. He was about to leave him alone when he heard Aziel whimpering in his sleep. Grey was screaming at himself to just let him be and leave but his legs were already moving toward him.

Tears were flowing down Aziel's face as he slept and soft cries were coming out of his mouth. Grey carefully sat beside him and wiped the tears off of his face. He knew Aziel was having a nightmare and for a moment, all his anger and resentment toward Aziel was gone. He gently rubbed his back while whispering into his ear that he'll be okay and that he was just dreaming. Aziel slowly opened his eyes and was met with Grey's soft gaze. Aziel felt his heart melt a little.