Chapter 10

Helena came to their apartment the next day. Before Milan could even decline her, she already made herself at home. She sat on the couch, waiting for Aziel to wake up and announce his presence despite the deathly glare Milan was sending him. Grey walked out of their room and quickly ran through his veins as soon as he saw Helena but Milan held him back before he could do anything that would cause more trouble. 

Grey reluctantly woke Aziel up and asked Milan to take Elio to the mall so he won't witness any of it. It's just unfortunate that Helena decided to show up on a weekend. Elio didn't want to leave Aziel again but after Milan told him that they would buy a gift for his dad, Elio excitedly went with Milan. Grey, Aziel, and Helena sat in the living room. Grey hated the fact that she showed up unannounced after the stunt she pulled.

"Aren't you going to offer me some coffee?" she asked. 

"Just tell us why you're here so we can get it over it," Grey snapped.

"Ooh, so impatient," Helena mocked. "Aziel, remember your father's home?"

"Y-yes," Aziel stuttered as he tried to stop the memories from resurfacing. 

"We got a tip that he returned there early this morning but as soon as we got there to check, the house was empty. Unfortunately, you need to move to another safehouse, and in the meantime, Elio needs to be homeschooled for a while until all of this is over," Helena said. "Don't worry, I had extra security follow them."

"What? Why?" Aziel asked. 

"We found recent pictures of you and your son that were left behind at the house. We weren't sure if it was intentionally left or not but for your safety, you had to be moved," Helena said, looking a bit too calm than the situation calls for. "Officers from the FBI will fetch you later so I suggest you pack u everything you need. I'll call you when they've arrived," she said before abruptly standing up and leaving the apartment. 

Aziel could feel the guilt weighing him down. He had put his son in even more danger. 

"Maybe it would be better if I'm transferred to a different safe house, away from you and our son," Aziel said. 

"There's no need for that," Grey said in an attempt to reassure Aziel. "It will be better for Elio if you're there."

"No it isn't!" Aziel snapped. "I've put him in even more danger now that I'm close to him."

"Even if you aren't, you know your father could still find a way to harm him. He's an unpredictable man, we both know that. We should prioritize both of your safety," Grey said. 

Aziel just nodded mindlessly, still plagued by the thought of putting his son in even more danger. His son was already living a normal life. A part of him wishes that he should've just died so Elio could continue living normally. 

Grey started to pack all of their essentials as they waited for Milan and Elio to get back. He already informed Milan of what they needed to do next and hopefully, the change won't be too much for Elio. Aziel tried to help as Grey was busy packing but Grey stopped him and ordered him to stay in the living room. He didn't want Aziel to tire himself too much.

Half an hour passed and Milan and Elio got home. Elio was excited, asking his parents about the place that they are going to. Milan had to lie to their son and told him that they were going on a very long vacation in a very special place. 

Aziel couldn't bear it. He couldn't bear to do this to his son. While they were busy packing, Aziel carefully sneaked in and took Grey's phone. He went back to his room and locked the door so that he wouldn't be disturbed. He searched Helena's contact and dialed her number. It didn't take long for Helene to answer.