Chapter 7

Elio was happily eating his ice cream while the adults make conversation. Aziel tried to avoid the conversation as much as possible, feeling like a nuisance despite Milan trying his best to include him in the conversation. Grey hasn't spared him a glance the whole time. He preferred that rather than him glaring at him every few seconds. 

"Daddy Aziel, you know I always get Avocado ice cream because I remember you always get this one. I hated it at first but it reminded me of you so I still get it and now I like it," Elio said as he held up his now-empty cup of ice cream.

Aziel felt his heart break hearing that from his son. The guilt was eating him alive. 

"That's nice to hear sweetheart," Aziel replied, trying his best to keep his tone neutral.

Milan gave him a sympathetic smile. Aziel saw an unreadable emotion on Grey's face but it was gone in almost a second.  They then went to a nearby park to get some fresh air. Elio, being the little gentleman that he is, took the task of pushing Aziel's wheelchair. He was talking about how he always played catch with Grey at the same park.  

"Daddy, we should play catch!" Elio announced excitedly as he stopped pushing the wheelchair and walked in front of Aziel.

"No, Elio. Your dad can't play yet. He needs to recover first," Milan gently reminded and the disappointed look on Elio's face made Aziel's heart break.

After that, Elio was quiet for the rest of their time there. Milan decided that they should head back home and Elio was still quiet the whole ride home. Milan could only give him an apologetic look. When they reached the apartment, Aziel decided to go to his room and rest. The day exhausted him more than he expected. Milan and Elio took a nap as well, leaving Grey alone and wide awake in the living room. 

He was lying down on the couch, staring at the ceiling as he tried to ponder whatever the fuck he was feeling. He heard whimpers coming from Aziel's room. He wanted to ignore it and let it pass but his heart grew heavy with every second that passed. Grey cursed under his breath and stood up from the couch. He opened the door to Aziel's room and found him writhing on the bed, his sheets tangled all over him.

"Dad, stop, please don't, please," Aziel cried in his sleep.

Grey's blood ran cold as soon as he heard the cries that came from Aiel's mouth. He quickly grabbed a towel and went beside Aziel. He wiped the sweat that covered Aziel's face. His heart shattered seeing how pained and scared Aziel is in his sleep. 

"Dad, please, no," he cried once again.

Grey dropped the towel and pulled Aziel into his arms, encasing him in a tight hug. There are so many scenarios that are running through his head about what his father could have done to him. He couldn't recall ever seeing Aziel like this when they were married. 

"Aziel, wake up," Grey said as he tried to gently shake Aziel awake but to no avail. 

Tears start streaming down his face as his body shook in fear. Grey tried waking him up again but Aziel suddenly gripped his shirt, clinging onto him like a child hiding from a monster. 

"Please stop, it hurts," Aziel whimpered.

"Aziel, baby, wake up. I'm here now, wake up," Grey said.

It was the same words he always told Aziel whenever he would come home to him early in the morning after missing him during the night. Aziel grip on his shirt slowly loosened as his eyes opened. Grey felt relief when Aziel finally woke up. Aziel quickly pulled away from him once he realized that he was clinging onto him like a child. 

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to," Aziel muttered under his breath.

"Are you okay?" Grey asked.

Aziel was surprised to hear the softness in his tone but he knows it won't last long. 

"I'm fine. It was just a dream. I'll be fine," Aziel replied.

"I'll get you some water," Grey said before leaving Aziel alone in his room.

Milan woke up from his sleep and found the other side of the bed empty. He got up and walked out of the room, finding Grey in the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water.

"You okay? I've never seen you up this late," Milan said as he came up behind Grey and wrapped his arms around his waist.

"No, I'm good. I was just passing time on the couch and then I heard Aziel crying in his room. I think he had a nightmare," Grey said as he poured some water into the glass.

"Is he okay?" he asked.

"He said he's fine but I don't think he is. I'll just bring him some water."

Milan pulled away from Grey to let him get to Aziel's room. He felt relieved that Grey decided to not act like an asshole at that moment. He just hopes that Grey would stop putting up these walls in order for them to reconcile his relationship with Aziel. He walked to Aziel's room and found him passed out once again. He placed the glass down on the bedside table and decided to change Aziel's clothes since it was soaked in his sweat.

Aziel didn't budge as Grey changed his clothes. Once his clothes were changed, Grey carefully draped the covers over him before pushing his hair out of his face. Memories of him waking up beside Aziel resurfaced in his mind. He would always admire Aziel's face as he waited for him to wake up. But as soon as those memories resurfaced, memories of Aziel's betrayal followed. HIs anger toward the man resurfaced but this time, it was mixed with pain and longing. 

Grey had to get out of the room before his emotions get the best of him. He went inside their room and found Milan scrolling through his phone as he waited for him to come to bed. Milan quickly noticed that Grey's mood turned sour once again. He patted the space beside him and Grey occupied it with a sigh.

"Want to talk about it?" Milan asked.

"No, not now. I'm too tired," Grey mumbled.

"Okay," Milan replied.

He knows that it will end up in a fight if he pushes it. Milan placed his phone down and settled under the covers. Grey snuggled closer to him and placed his head on his chest. Milan's hand found its way through Grey's hair. He caressed his head until he started to feel Grey's breathing becoming steady. He's going to have the two talk, he'll take the chance now before they both blow up on each other, and then it would be too late for them to fix whatever it is between them.