Chapter 23

Comment and vote pleeeeeeeeeeaseeeee🙃

~~~~~~~~~~

A treacherous 4 months had passed.

Deals had been sealed, alliances had been created and plans had been put into action.

Alayna shook her head lightly to flick back the strands of hair blocking her view.

The morning breeze swept past her, the sunrise did justice to her Pakistani features.

She gulped down the cold clear liquid, that lightly stung her throat.

She looked at the beauty of the country around, absorbing every little detail. For she was certain that she may not be able to even glance at it's beauty after today.

Her day had started well but was sure to end on a better note. A more accomplished note.

She strode to her car, and smoothly seating herself in the passenger's seat. Her chauffeur was yet to come.

Her eyes caught onto the broad display of the playground.

The screaming kids.

The jolly parents.

She wondered which of these children would be deceived by their parents later on in life, just as she had been.

The door opened and closed with a soft thud.

Her gaze never left those kids.

Somewhere deep down in her bitter spiteful heart, she prayed that they would be able to keep their innocence for as long as possible. She prayed they would never have their childhood seized from them, just as her mother had.

"Where are we heading?" She tore her eyes from cheering kids and faced her chauffeur.

A male, a tad bit older than herself occupied the driver's seat.

He sat leering at her through those blazing blue eyes.

He was a stereotypical white man, blue eyes and blonde hair, often stared at as they travelled through the busy roads of Pakistan.

She looked over his boyish features which were overshadowed by a faded scar trailing down from under his left eye to the split of his lips.

That boyish trait was heavily overpowered by a dangerous one, one that could either ruin her or help her.

She sighed as she looked away, reality dawning upon her.

"We need to get to your uncle."

He obediently started the car and began to drive to where they both knew that they would find the malicious man himself. 

Her eyes remained on the road as she watched the passing road whilst her mind wondered back to the conversation she had partaken in a month ago.

"Your mother was proven to have comorbid PTSD. This form of PTSD means that your mother had developed other mental illnesses. She had developed a eating disorder, depression, anxiety and substance abuse. And it's because of the latter that her life was snatched from her so quickly."

Alayna pondered upon the fact that her mother could have potentially taken her own life from her own two hands.

This was the reality, a reality she didn't like, a reality she didn't like but was forced to live with.

"Should I be mad at someone for taking their life despite the fact that I never knew them?" She asked aloud.

She looked to her right to see his face, she could practically see the thoughts moving within his mind.