Die for You

"Did I lose any limbs this time?"

"Thankfully not. I don't think I could have dealt with the smell of cauterizing your ass again." Jimin was blunt in a way that made everyone in the room giggle. It'd been a long time since I heard the chorus of our laughter and the sound felt like home.

Taehyung was weak, stiffening at the pain in his shoulder when he bounced with the humor. His breathing heightened as Jimin lay him flat again, Jin and Shelby leaning further over his sides with fervency.

"Don't move."

"Just rest."

They spoke at the same time, a delivery of the same message that he needed to recover and heal.

There wasn't much to do. Back at the prison we occupied ourselves with card games and recounting tales that felt like they had no place anymore, but here, still in the midst of an escape, we tortured ourselves with silence.

It didn't surprise me that Yoongi was the first to spring into action, pulling me to the kitchen to convene with him and Namjoon. I was sure Shelby would grow suspicious of the noise coming from the back of the restaurant, a combination of our meeting and giggling from Jungkook and Jimin as they hung upside down from the roof's door to entertain themselves.

"Okay, it's time to figure out how we get out of here." Yoongi stood with perfect posture, arms crossed over themselves and with weapons dressing him from head to toe as if he were seconds away from having to defend himself. "We should see if any of the cars on the highway are accessible and drivable."

"Taehyung still needs time." I noted.

"He's fine. It's just his shoulder so he can walk." Yoongi countered without thought.

There was a clattering as Jimin flipped over so that he fell from his position to his feet at the floor below the ladder, the metal clanging as one of his shoes got caught in a rung. Jungkook did the same, hanging by one hand before dropping to the floor without a sound.

"Too much blood to the head." Jimin pressed his hands against both ears, the master of stealth challenged by gravity.

I kept my attention on Yoongi's comment. "It's not his shoulder that I'm worried about. He lost too much blood. He needs to recouperate."

"First you said wait for them and now it's wait for Taehyung to heal. You and your waiting will get us all killed." He spat, the same anger from our earlier argument coming to the surface.

"Stop, both of you." Namjoon interrupted just as I opened my mouth to argue against him. "You're both right so stop fighting."

Jungkook and Jimin joined the open circle we'd formed. "A few of us could go look for a couple of cars tonight. If we find one we'll come back for everyone else by sunlight, get out of here before anyone else hits the city. It'll get us out of here faster if we're ready and Taehyung can stay behind to rest." Jungkook chimed in with an idea, eyeing Namjoon for approval.

Namjoon rubbed his chin, looking back and forth between us before making his decision. "Yoongi, Alena, and Jungkook will go for the cars. Jin should stay with Taehyung and I'll feel better with Jimin here in case anyone from Carolus does show up." He nodded.

The rest of them did the same, starting to file out to the front of the building but I grabbed Jungkook's arms to hold him back before he could go.

"Let Jimin come instead. I haven't forgotten that you've been hurt too. You should stay here and rest." I iterated, looking down at the clothed area of his body that I was sure still appeared blue beneath.

"You're going so I'm going." He was strict with his reply, leaving no room for questioning. Still, he seemed to be waiting for me to challenge him, letting my hand to drop from his forearm before heading out with the others.