✿29

My youth is yours~

It was a sunny day but not with so much heat, a perfect weather to go for picnics

It was a sunny day but not with so much heat, a perfect weather to go for picnics. That was what Renjun and Ningning were upto. The two were walking side by side, the girl trying to avoid the awkwardness while the other was just giggling inside. Oh what was in her mind when she agreed to give him those three months?! But she couldn't help. His gentle voice begged for her, his same sparkling eyes looked at her in 'that' way and immediately her heart melted. Now when he asked her out for a date, she couldn't reject him. Did she still have a soft corner for him?

It would be weird for two exes to go on a date again. But Renjun was overly excited about it. It's true since high school, he had dated many girls but none made him feel the same. Then why did he leave her in the first place? There were many reasons- first of all he didn't like the long-distance relationship; second, he thought he was too young for a relationship and third, he thought love was just a distraction. At that time, he noticed many kids of his age going into their first relationship and he envied them. But when Ningning confessed her having a crush on him, sparked something inside him. He decided to hop on the trend and asked her out. It can be called an infatuation. He wasn't really in love but he loved being loved by someone. Don't get him wrong. Everything was new for him, he was experiencing something different this time. It was obvious for him to get curious how it feel to be in love.

After he broke up with her, he went to a Korean high school at Seoul. It was a prestigious private school. There he dated a few of his female schoolmates and that's when he realized something was missing. It was not feeling right. He was missing Yizhuo. Maybe it's true that you will know a person's true value when he leaves you. He searched for her on many social media but it all went in vain. He tried to forget her and entered college to study Culinary Arts. But after all these years, Ningning came infront of him and now walking by his side. It felt unbelievable but this was reality. Fate brought them together again but will it be forever?

After reaching the bank of the Han River, Renjun spread out a red and white blanket on the soft green grass under a tree's shade. Ningning sat down along with him, putting the picnic basket down. Both of them sat in silence, enjoying the river view which was calm and beautiful. Children were running around, playing outdoor games like badminton, football, etc. This reminded them of their summer camp days when they were closer to the nature.

The male decided to break the silence by asking, "Do you still remember that day when we promised each other that we would make our dreams come true?"

She fixed her bangs which were blowing away by the wind while answering, "Yeah. I still remember you talking about becoming a chef in the future. I guess you finally made it. Congrats!"

"I heard from Jisung that you are majoring in Art and Design. So, you are still interested in painting?"

The girl blinked her eyes a few times before nodding. "Thanks to you for helping me find a dream."