Past¹ - Mother

Life is just so
unpredictable

9 Years Ago

14 year old Taehyung, smiling and giggling sitting on one of the seats in large auditorium hall of his school, with his hyungs in a row facing the stage, where result had announced and taehyung had topped his class like every year, wearing his medal and having his shield certificate he was now sitting on his seat.

"We knew it already taetae, we're so proud of you and jiminie." they cheered them up as Taehyung got 1st position and Jimin got 2nd.

"Thank you hyungs" he both returned the gestures happily giggling in their seats.

"Btw where's you mom and dad? Weren't they coming?" Namjoon asked Taehyung.

"Eomma said they'll try, if they couldn't come, they'll meet principle another day" he informed them smiling, to which they only frowned.

"Your mom never misses any event in school, then how come today?" Jin asked concerned.

"I don't know, if she said then there must be some reason hyung" tae replied like a humble child he was.

"Oh god tae you're so understanding-" he coed at younger.

"Hyung I'm happy you guys are here for us despite of your own studies, I'm grateful and it's okay i can surprise eomma and appa at home."

"Junggukie stop staring at girls and learn something from Tae, you follow him every where but not in studies." Jin smacked Jungguk's head who was busy checking out girls sitting around them.

"What hyung? I am happy with my grades, I'm not tae hyungie and look Jiminie also didn't top then why always me?" Jungguk whined like a lazy ass child getting irritated but laughed it out when Jimin smacked him too.

"I didn't top but at least I'm 2nd, you brat"

"Look,it's simple, if I topped then what had happened to my tae hyungie? I gave him the chance like always." Jungguk winked cutely and they couldn't help from bursting into bubbly laughter and jerked Jungguk's head playfully who laughed showing his bunny teeth.

"Stop your non serious behavior, you're not his classmate then how would it affect him idiot? You're just lame."

"Okay okay, just don't start here-" he shut up Jin who was going to give him lecture for studies but left it for now.

It's not like Jungguk failed or anything, no, he didn't, he just didn't top. He was Sharp minded and used to keep his concepts clear, was also good in class, but he was god in sports. He was famous for his daring attitude and good looks more than being book worm in class. His mind was quite different from others.

Taehyung used to tutor him and the subjects he had problem in like maths and science because he was a grade higher than jungguk. Even tho they were in same grade till 3rd grade but looking at tae's sharp mind and studying skills his parents got him jumped a grade and then he became jungguk's senior. Younger wasn't happy with it cause tae was his only best friend but how older didn't leave him alone and always took care of him despite their different classes. Jungguk became content. Taehyung met Jimin in his new class and soon became good friends. And the way jungguk was always stuck to tae in break, Jimin found out they were best friends.