Chapter 10

[EDITED]

Original post: 5/18/15

~~~~~\\\~~~~~

Percy Jackson

I walked back to the big house. And if you want to ask, no, I'm certainly not going there to check up on my bully because I am feeling guilty that my actions caused him to get hurt. Nope, not at all.

I'm actually thinking if I could ask Chiron for a small quest. Yeah. Maybe there's a demigod who needed to get brought to camp. Seriously.

I opened the door and, for the second time that day, froze. My eye twitched.

There, sitting with Chiron, is my three most hated people in my mortal life. In my demigod life, they have a lot of competition with all the monsters, gods, titans, and primordials I've encountered. Well, I already expected Zach to be there, but Kenneth and Victoria too?!

Like I said, me and my rotten luck.

The two stared at me wide-eyed while Doellen looked torn between giving me a sneer, like what he always gives me, or a look of gratitude, for me saving him. He still looks like that as Ken came out of his shock and said, "Jackson?! What the hell are you doing here?!"

"You're a demigod?!" Vic said. For some reason, she got less make up on. She probably left them at home.

I glared. "I should be asking those same questions."

Little Doe rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Um, yeah. That was what I was about to tell you about," he said to the two of them, before turning to me, not making eye contact. "Um...t-thank you. For saving me," he said this like this is his first time thanking someone he had bullied. Oh, wait.

The two looked at him in shock while I shifted uncomfortably. "Um, it's alright..." I said awkwardly. "...I gotta go."

And with that, I left.

I passed the volleyball courts on the way to the cabins, and some campers and satyrs are playing. A Demeter camper tripped trying to catch the ball and landed on a satyr. The players laughed, then the Demeter camper and satyr laughed along with them.

Aideline saw me and waved. "Percy! Why don't you play with us?" The others agreed and called for me to play.

I grinned and shook my head. "Nah, maybe la-look out!"

A ball hit Aideline in the head before she could turn. They burst out laughing. I chuckled as she turned and angrily threw the ball at a laughing satyr.

I was about to continue walking when I heard a scream. It had come from the border and I immediately ran, holding riptide in pen form. Without looking, I knew that the others are right behind me.

I reached the top of Half-blood hill and saw a large bull. No, not the minotaur. This one looked like a normal bull except it is colored white and is larger.

Despite the situation, I can't help think that the bull looks beautiful.

Golden horns curled on top of its head. Over-lapping golden spikes ran at its upper spine and tail. The tail seemed more longer than the normal bull's tail and had golden scales along the sides, in addition to the spikes at the top. The white fur brings out all the gold and its blood-red eyes.

As I ran closer, I could feel mini earthquakes under my feet, and I realized that every time one of its golden hooves made contact with the ground, a small earthquake is created around it.

I scanned my memory. I think capturing this creature was one of the labors of Heracles.

The half-blood is on the ground from the earthquakes, as the Cretan Bull ran towards it at a speed you wouldn't expect from a being its size. Me, being a son of the Earthshaker, didn't even stumble as I ran towards it from its side, uncapping riptide, and slashed upwards, cutting its head off before it could reach the half-blood that is only a few meters away.

The bull dissolved in golden dust, leaving a white fur coat and a golden horn, even if I didn't cut it off myself. I took the horn in my hand and examined it. It certainly is prettier that the minotaur horn. I took the coat in my other hand, thinking that maybe I can give it to annabeth, as a gift. I turned to the half-blood and, for the third frickin' time, I froze.

I inwardly sighed. Again, me and my rotten luck.

Emery Winters stumbled to stand up. Her face is pale and her eyes are wide as she stared at me. All in all, a very shocked expression. We stared at each other not daring to speak, while I mentally asked why the Fates hate me so much to put my bullies in camp in one day. If it is about the 'dam fates' then I am sorry. Can I wake up now please?

Unfortunately, this isn't a dream. Nor a nightmare. Nor am I asleep, because I'm pretty sure I just woke up this morning.

Winters swallowed and slowly said. "I am not hallucinating am I?"

"Nope, you're not. But I sure wish I am," I said tiredly and with a hint of annoyance.

I turned around and walked back to camp. Without looking at her, I said, "Just come to camp before another monster will get you."

As I passed Thalia's tree, I noticed that the campers that went with me had gone back to play. They probably left after seeing that I got the situation under control. The traitors.

Once I reached the bottom of the hill, I turned back around to see Winters staring at camp with her mouth agape. She had a look of wonder and surprise on her face. I was the same the first time I saw camp. Well, the first time I saw camp that wasn't storming and I wasn't being chased by a man-bull.

"Come on! There's people at the Big House who you would be glad to see." And with that I continued walking to the Big house. Some campers looked at her curiously and I know that they are trying to tell who her godly parent is. While others stared at the coat and horn in my hands.

I went inside the Big house and announced. "Chiron, there's another new camper."

I watched with my back against the wall and my hands on my pockets as they have their little reunion. I can't help but feel a little bit of anger. Camp is my safe haven. It is where I hang out with my friends and just be...me. At school, I am a loner who doesn't have any friends, while here...I inwardly sighed. I'm just upset that these people who made school more unbearable is now here too. Alright, I feel a little guilty about Doellen, and I saved his life and Winters' too, but that doesn't mean that we're cool.

I clutched the horn in my hand a little tighter gritted my teeth. I took a breath to calm myself. It wouldn't do well if I exploded.

I heared gasps and I looked up. Above Winters' head is a holographic image of an owl with an olive branch at it's beak.

"It seems your mother had claimed you," Chiron said.

"M-my mother?"

"Athena, Goddess of Wisdom and Battle strategy. All hail Emery Winters, daughter of the Wisdom Goddess." And with that, he bowed.

I clenched my jaw and did a half bow instead. Doellen, after snapping out of his shock, reluctantly bowed. The other two uncertainly bowed as well.

I straightened and looked at her. "Winters, take those contacts off. Your mother won't be pleased."

And with that, I walked out of the Big house and to the arena.

~~~~\\\~~~

The Cretan bull...I've seen loads of pics. Others white, others black, others brown, while others are statues. But this one, the one on the media, in my opinion is the coolest. The coolest I've seen at least.

Disclaimer: The characters, their pasts, the camps CHB and CJ, and others and rights, go to Rick Riordan. Gods, monsters, and other mythological figures, places, and things, come from greek and roman mythologies that Rick Riordan had borrowed, and I in turn did too. I only own the OCs and the plot.