Chapter 18

Disclaimer: The characters, their pasts, the camps CHB and CJ, and others and rights, go to Rick Riordan. Gods, monsters, and other mythological figures, places, and things, come from greek and roman mythologies that Rick Riordan had borrowed, and I in turn did too. I only own the OCs and the plot.

~~~~|||~~~~

Annabeth kept tapping her pencil in the desk as she swept a critical eye over her work. She's working on massive garden for Olympus. With statues of heroes, allies or not, demigod or not, that died in the war. It will serve as a tribute for the dead. And even if the Seven, Nico, and Reyna are'nt dead, they still have their own statues. Percy was the first to suggest the statues.

Annabeth drew some more measurements before she smiled. She leaned on her seat and sighed. She could just imagine the thousands of flowers and green leaves in the sunlight. The marble fountain in the middle and the statues that seemed to have been put randomly around. It would last for decades, she was sure.

Arms wrapped around her from behind. Percy lightly kissed her temple making her smile widen. "Hey, Wise girl. You done yet?" He asked. Annabeth is staying at his place for the night.

She hummed. "Yup." She stretched her arms above her head as Percy went to sit on his bed. She rubbed her weary eyes and Percy noticed. He gestured for her to come closer. "You're tired. We should sleep."

She smiled and nodded. She turned the lights off. They laid on the bed and Annabeth cuddled next to him. Annabeth listened to his rythmic breathing as her eyes started to drift close.

"Annabeth?" Percy said quietly.

"Hm?" Annabeth blinked.

"Well, something's been on my mind for a while now."

"Yeah?"

"It's about Doellen and the others. I mean, the're what, seventeen? And they only just came to camp last week. Plus, Doellen is a son of one of the Big Three. He should've been at camp while he was younger."

Annabeth could've swore that she heared him mutter. "Lucky bastards." She could'nt blame him if he did. After all, Percy had been in the war since twelve. And she ran away at age seven. All the while, Doellen and his buddies are living mortal lives without the knowledge that this very world might possibly end. They did'nt worry that each breath might be their last. They did'nt worry about people important to them dying.

Annabeth dragged herself away from these depressing thoughts. She instead thought of possible reasons of why. Silence stretched on. Percy almost thought she had fallen asleep, until she spoke.

"You remember your seventh year? You did'nt have much monster attacks until it was almost the end of year."

She felt him nod. "Yup. Monster free until I got attack by giant canadians named Babycakes and his goonies."

The corner of Annabeth's lips twitched upwards as she remembered the names. "Yeah." She said. "And the reason for the less monster attacks is because of Tyson. They were intimidated by him."

"Oh, yeah. I think I remember you saying that."

Annabeth raised her eyebrow at him. Percy's mouth made an 'o' as he realized what she was implying on. "But that's impossible! Theres no way that there was an undercover monster without me knowing! And I thought Tyson was the only friendly cyclops!"

Annabeth shook her head with a fond smile. "That's not what I'm saying."

Percy looked confused. "I thought you were saying that there's another friendly cyclops? What else can intimidate other monsters?"

"The're intimidated by you, Seaweed brain." She chuckled, as she lightly slapped her hand to his chest.

"Ohhhhhhh..." He smiled sheepishly. "Whoops?...I did'nt thought of that."

Annabeth cuddled closer. "Now, lets go to sleep. I'm tired."

"Yes ma'am."

Annabeth smiled and drifted off.

Line break

Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick.

The ticking clock was the only sound that could be heared inside the room. Emery stared at the ceiling for gods know how long now. She kept thinking about how she broke up with Zach. She remembered of how hurt he looked.

Whatever.

She is not getting together with him until he apologizes to Percy and for being a jerk. Thinking back, she remembers of him being the school's bully when she was new. She's not really sure how it happened, but they got together. She wonders how she fell for him. I mean, he does bully people for fun. And then, now she did too...

Thats it. She's turning over a new leaf, she decided. She wont be bullying anymore and try to be social at camp. Attempting to make new friends at

Ding!

Emery rolled on her stomach and reached for her cellphone. The words 'Zach' glowed on the screen. She sighed. He had been texting and calling her for the past hour, and she did'nt answer nor reply back. Relunctantly, she pressed and read.

'Babe, lets talk please?'

She bit her lip. The phone landed on the bed near her face. She stared at the phone for a while, like how she stared at the ceiling seconds ago. She closed her eyes once she felt tears starting to come. With a heavy sigh, she picked up her phone. Maybe they could talk and work this out.

Her hand hovered above the call sign, before she pressed.

~~~~|||~~~~

Sup, guys! Soooo I'm thinking of putting a new story. If you read creepypastas then please check it out! ^_^

OH GODS YOU SHOULD REALLY CHECK OUT Queen_of_fandonia's BOOK, FALLING THROUGH PORTALS!!!ITS JUST SO GOOD AND THERE WILL BE A SURPRISE ON CHAPTER 50 WHICH IS WHY IM STILL FANGIRLING RIGHT NOW LIKE EEEEEKKKKKKK!!!THATS ME!! AND PLEASE CHECK IT OUT YOU WONT REGRET IT!!

*deep breaths*

I dont normaly fangirl that hard but....EKKKKK!!!! XDXDXDXD