Chapter 8

Mordred found every Merlin's word absurd, yet she could not consider them as a simple lie.

She knew that dreams were a powerful weapon for a magus like her brother. Over the years, they had allowed him to record countless Noble Phantasms and were not only normal swords related to famous heroes such as Aestus Estus and Iskandar's sword but also Divine Constructs such as Excalibur and Rhongomyniad.

Also, the look was a fundamental part of Yuto's magecraft. It was through the sight that he could scan and record the swords inside Reality Marble. Depriving him of an eye, it was as if half of Yuto's power was stolen from him.

However, no dream he had in the past had ever assaulted him to the point of leaving a showy scar on his face and such bloodshed.

"May it be the power of a Devil Fruit?" Garp reasoned.

The fact that a Devil Fruit had the power to enter others' dreams and inflict wounds that had repercussions in the real world made it a very dangerous one. If an evil person had gotten hold of it, it certainly wouldn't have ended well.

They were objects that had many mysteries. Until now, scientists had only been able to classify them according to parameters, dividing them into Paramecia, Logia and Zoan like those of Yamato and Yuto. Also, Zoan-type Devil Fruit was divided into subclasses: Common, Ancestral and Mythological.

The one used by the Elder must have been a Paramecia-type Devil Fruit just like Merlin.

Garp looked suspiciously at Merlin.

The most logical solution Garp could think of was that Merlin possessed the power of a Devil Fruit similar to that used by the mysterious dreamwalker. Such a thing was not impossible because Garp knew that the world government was trying to create artificial Devil Fruits.

"Where is that bastard now?" Mordred asked, a vein pulsing on her forehead.

Yuto was the person she cared about the most, and seeing him hurt like that was both a surprise and a source of anger. Most of all, she was surprised that Avalon had not cured him immediately, which it had done during the battle against the King of Heroes.

"Raftel," Merlin noticed a slight reaction from Garp when he said that name. "But I have no way to get you there."

Mordred snorted and whispered how useless Merlin was.

"Why did he do such a thing?" Garp asked.

Merlin's expression suddenly became serious, something that worried Mordred. In her memories, the few times she interacted with him were always accompanied carelessly by some woman who eventually ended up slapping him.

On the other hand, Merlin had nothing to worry about.

"This world will soon be overthrown," Merlin said gloomily.

ORT was as dangerous as the great White Titan. It was an extraterrestrial entity even more specialized in killing living beings than Angra Mainyu.

At this point, Merlin also understood why the Servants of the Sixth Holy Grail War had manifested themselves with their memories intact. They were simply summoned by the world itself, using souls gathered from the corrupt Grail and grail fragments to stabilize their existences.