Chapter 11

"Sorry, but wouldn't it be better to look for Karna first?" Yuto was quite puzzled by Drake's decision to recruit a musician rather than Karna. "I mean, he is the most loyal hero I know and his strength is undisputed."

Karna was a formidable opponent who had been defeated by Gilgamesh in the middle of the Sixth Holy Grail War. It was so formidable that the King of Heroes had been forced to pull out his best treasures as well as resolved to Ea to kill him.

"The musician is more important," Captain Drake said nonchalantly. "What kind of journey would it be without good music to accompany it?" She turned to Yuto, who sighed. "And I am not satisfied with everyone. I want the best one!"

Yuto grunted. "If you want music, I can summon Tristan."

"NO!" Mordred immediately rejected Yuto's proposal. "That guy would even depress the Golden Bastard!"

"Do you have a better idea?!" Yuto growled at her.

Yuto and Mordred started fighting like hell. Captain Drake had nothing against them fighting until they damaged the Golden Hind somehow.

"Come, there's no problem," Merlin intervened to stop the brawl. "I'm sure the island we're headed to will please both of you."

They could see an island in the distance. It was composed of three connected lands, the largest of which looked like a large concert hall. The smaller island was a huge lookout tower connected to the larger island and the middle one through bridges.

"That's Elegia," Aisha said, surprised. "I thought it was in West Blue."

According to the map of that world, the ocean predominated over the mainland and it was divided into five seas: North, South, West, East and the Grand Line that divided them. Goa island was located in the East Blue while their destination was located at the end of the New World, that part of the sea that extended after the Red Line.

"What is Elegia?" Yuto asked.

"Well, it's known as the island of music," Aisha touched her chin and became thoughtful. "I heard it was plundered by the Red Hair Pirates."

"Wait, did Shanks do something like that?!" Yamato exclaimed, surprised. "It's weird because Oden described him as a good guy."

Yamato passed Oden's diary to Yuto who quickly read it. There was a quick description of his fellow adventures, the Roger Pirates, and the Whitebeard Pirates. Among these, the most detailed descriptions concerned their Captains, Gol D. Roger and Edward "Whitebeard" Newgate, and the first mates of both crews.

"People change," Mordred said, observing Yuto.

He was the perfect example of a person who seemed to have changed so quickly that Mordred believed he was from a parallel world or someone who looked frighteningly like him.

"The fact that this island is inhabited makes it perfect for us to use it as a base. No one will reclaim it," Captain Drake said, her expression serious. "If we attack the other ships to steal their supplies or we find a treasure, the hold will fill sooner or later. We need a place to save the treasure."

Yuto admitted that she has a point. Even though that world was almost entirely covered with water, it didn't mean that they would always travel and a place to return to was necessary after all.

Francis Drake was also a demanding captain. She was the type of person capable of bonding with anyone so much that many members already respected her, yet she demanded that every member of her crew give their contribution while travelling on her ship. There were people like Yuto, Merlin, Aisha and her girls that were extremely efficient, but not all of them were. However, just because they were not useful on the ship, it did not mean that they were not useful in other ways, but only for this did not mean that they could not be in other ways.